12 Days until my wedding! HELP!!

Options
Hey just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice about shredding some more pounds before my big day in 12 days!!??
I have been working out 6days a week doing a range of cardio and strength training (kettle bells, boxing, hill running etc)
and I'm trying to be even stricter on my food intake..
Anyone got any tried and tested methods that will help me with food?

I have lost almost 70lbs to date and have been working extra hard the last 4.5mths

:-)

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 70 pound loss that is great. You aren't going to make any noticeable changes to your body in 12 days though. You might drop a pound or two but unless you have some arrangement whereby your scale weight is embroidered across your dress no one is going to know.

You've made great progress and you should be proud. I would highly recommend taking the week before your wedding off and relaxing for the big day rather than trying to kill yourself to shed a pound and make yourself exhausted and moody.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 70 pound loss that is great. You aren't going to make any noticeable changes to your body in 12 days though. You might drop a pound or two but unless you have some arrangement whereby your scale weight is embroidered across your dress no one is going to know.

You've made great progress and you should be proud. I would highly recommend taking the week before your wedding off and relaxing for the big day rather than trying to kill yourself to shed a pound and make yourself exhausted and moody.

I agree with this. Be happy with the changes that you have made thus far. I'm sure you look great. :)
  • getfitwithlee
    getfitwithlee Posts: 24 Member
    Options

AGREED.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    This sounds more like a case of the nerves than issues with food. Relax and focus on the wedding and deal with the weight loss after the honeymoon.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 70 pound loss, but 12 days! You want to make a noticeable difference? You're joking right?
  • Ambeee11
    Ambeee11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    12 days until my wedding no joke
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm with the gang above! Don't add additional pressure to lose weight into the already stressy elements of lead up to a wedding :) You've done an amazing job and will be gorgeous.
  • Ambeee11
    Options
    Congratulations on your 70 pound loss, but 12 days! You want to make a noticeable difference? You're joking right?

Steady on legend- I'm not deluded and expecting some miracle loss in 12 days sheesh just looking for some tips that kind people may want to share
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 70 pounds?
  • Apocalyptica_
    Options
    12 days isn't much, I'd suggest making sure to keep hydrated; as water weight decreases when you are properly hydrated. Possibly fast the day before the event which slims you slightly because you won't have anything in your tummy but it's just temp/quick fix. Also if you tend to overeat or get cranky after/during fasting skip it because the slightly slimmer look isn't worth being upset on your wedding. :) best of wishes <3
    Edit:
    If you are having cravings but don't want to eat, exercising, listening to music and reading is how I usually distract myself.. hmm drinking 2 cups of water quickly helps curve my appetite... asking yourself if the food you are thinking about eating is worth the extra pound while thinking of how you want to look works good on me sometimes idk if it would for you though. Warm water curves your appetite better than cold most of the time and drinking warm water with chicken/beef bullion (broth)is usually effective at quickly curving an appetite but doesn't last long. Remember veggies/fruit are easy to digest and healthy so if you need something to actually "eat" to stop the cravings just reach for something raw... Distracting myself with music and exercising is my personal favorite because I get to jam out to music, I drink a lot of water that hydrates myself, I burn calories and it is very effective in helping me pass an hour or more without thinking to strongly about being hungry and afterwords I am often tired and not wanting to eat :P :)
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lauren Conrad put up some AWESOME tips for earlier and when it's the week before your wedding!

http://laurenconrad.com/blog/2014/05/tone-it-up-our-wedding-slimdown-timeline/
  • tgaarder
    tgaarder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Legit tips above! Here's a few more--

Drink extra water. This will help your body balance out and reduce water retention.
    Avoid (at least refined) sugar and flour. Look and feel less puffy!
    Some people find that green or ginger tea helps reduce (particularly stomach) bloating as well.

Don't stress! But there are a few things that you can do to at least feel like you're being assertive about it. :) Congrats, have fun!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Lauren Conrad put up some AWESOME tips for earlier and when it's the week before your wedding!

http://laurenconrad.com/blog/2014/05/tone-it-up-our-wedding-slimdown-timeline/

Great resource; thanks for posting!
  • randomusername5
    randomusername5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. If you're really that concerned about losing an extra half pound before your wedding, I would suggest -- as others have -- that there are some psychological or relationship issues to address...
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    OP what would you tell someone if they asked you if they could visibly change their body shape in 12 days? You've been losing weight for a while now I assume so you have some experience. Do you think that is a realistic goal?
  • Ambeee11
    Options
    HAHA
    WOW
    Like I posted before- I'm not deluded about what can happen with my waistline in the next 12 days- do you stop and think it might be in relation to skin clarity and energy levels as well?

Thankyou to the genuine people who have posted I appreciate the fact you've taken time to respond.

Pity about the trolls though. Just go away if you've got nothing decent to say.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Like I posted before- I'm not deluded about what can happen with my waistline in the next 12 days- do you stop and think it might be in relation to skin clarity and energy levels as well?

They probably didn't since the question was:

"Hey just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice about shredding some more pounds before my big day in 12 days!!??"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    HAHA
    WOW

Thankyou to the genuine people who have posted I appreciate the fact you've taken time to respond.

To be fair, you did specifically ask for help to shift a few more pounds - nothing about skin clarity or energy in your original request.

Drink stacks of water. I'd avoid any alcohol until the day. I wouldn't restrict calories in a crazy way, that would eat up your energy levels, possibly make you hangry and stressed.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Uh...okay then. Best thing for your skin clarity and energy levels would be to stop exercising completely, take a week break before your wedding and relax. Ease up on your diet, eat at maintenance for a while and drink lots of water.

Not sure why you think doubling down on workout intensity and cutting back on your calories more is going to help with your energy or health.

Do you want honest advice or just agreement with what your plan is?
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Uh...okay then. Best thing for your skin clarity and energy levels would be to stop exercising completely, take a week break before your wedding and relax. Ease up on your diet, eat at maintenance for a while and drink lots of water.

Not sure why you think doubling down on workout intensity and cutting back on your calories more is going to help with your energy or health.

Do you want honest advice or just agreement with what your plan is?

This ^

Uhhhhh you asked us a question we answered?