irritated >.<

Options
i am so hungry all the timeeeee. ugh. what is going onnnnnn.

Replies

• PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Me too. Sipping on hot green tea helps me. Also I tend to feel less hungry if I'm on a weight loss site.
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    When I was first on here and eating only 1200 calories my doctor told me it is not enough and asked if I was cranky. I'm guessing you do need to up them somewhat too.
  • sltaylor94
    sltaylor94 Posts: 60
    Options
    i dont know what the deal is haha. my stomach is growling like all dayyyyy.
    i really didnt want to eat past nine, but i finally gave in and made some oatmeal with dried fruit.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The trick is to eat. :)

A growling stomach is typically a sign of true hunger.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    i really didnt want to eat past nine, but i finally gave in and made some oatmeal with dried fruit.

How many calories are you on since we can't see your diary? Are you pre-logging your food for the day? If you do that you can leave some of your calories to at at night when you are hungry or like a snack. Eating late DOESN"T make you any fatter than eating it earlier so why not?
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

why do you not want to eat after 9pm?

stomach growling all day sounds awful. Perhaps you need to raise your calorie goal....what is your current calorie goal, and can you tell us your age/weight/height?
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    i havent started logging yet.
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely start logging, if you have issues with your weight and using MFP to help, logging is the most important step and it will show you perhaps why you're so hungry! So if you're not logging, what kind of eating habits are you sticking to?
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    i dont know. its not that i dont want peoplee to know what im eating i just know that most ofteh calorie counts on this website are wring.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    i dont know. its not that i dont want peoplee to know what im eating i just know that most ofteh calorie counts on this website are wring.

I usually double check the calories elsewhere so I'm more likely to get it closer.
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    well how about this. im gonna go log my oatmeal right now. never too late to start.
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely never too late! Some people can do without logging, but especially when you're not very far in, it helps immensely. If you're stomach is growling like that constantly, try more protein and fiber throughout the day (when you're logging consistently it will be easier to determine what you should have more of). If it's just a right now thing, I say eat.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    well how about this. im gonna go log my oatmeal right now. never too late to start.
    Great attitude!

I've found the counts for most foods on here to be relatively accurate--after all, the person entering them typically just copies what's on the food label, and those are accurate +/- 10%.

The exceptions are when a food doesn't have a label or that label doesn't list everything. E.g., I'm confident an order of "roasted carrots" is full of vitamin A, even if the restaurant only listed calories. ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    me too, but just today not all the time?

could your cal goals be too low?

are you eating enough protein/fat to be sated?

are you drikning your 8 glasses of "water" daily?

are you working out and forgetting to eat back some cals?

are you trying to be too low carb?
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    logged my oatmeal (: now just to finish eating it while i work on a mountain of homework :P
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    my sleeping schedule is really off right now and im staying up all night and just sleeping until i have to get up for work or school. i dont ever eat in the morning and by the time i do eat i am starving and grabbing the closest thing to me just to curb the hunger.

like today. i didnt eat alllll day and i was absolutely miserable at work and we had jambalaya in the deli so i just grabbed a bowl and ate really quick. not my best move. but i was starving because i hadnt eaten all day.

but i need to start bringing stuff with me to work or something. i dont know anything to change my habits at this point.
  • revvinkevin
    Options
    I used MFP a couple of years ago and dropped from 84kg to 73kg, and I put that purely down to logging everything. Of course, once I hit target weight I gave up logging because I thought I knew what I was doing and could judge portion sizes ok. Well, I couldn't. Portions went out of control, fruit and veg gave way to chocolates and crisps.
    I'm now back logging everything, I started last Wednesday and have lost 0.7kg.
    I've given myself 18 weeks to lose around 7.5kg, but I know that EVERYTHING needs to be logged, and if you don't know, I make a guess then add 20%.

Good luck. It's hard at first and you'll get frustrated, but stick at it, it's worth it. Good luck
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Please do try to pre-log. It will help you a lot. Trust me! Just do it girl lol.

If you know what you are going to eat then you're less likely to just grab anything and then be sorry since you went way over or way under. MUST LOG, JUST WEIGH ALL FOOD. Deal? :smile:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It might be that your goal of losing more than 1/2 lb a day...