Hi - new here, too

Options
Hi Everybody

I have about 60-70 lbs to lose. I'm 5'9" tall and in my 50s, so I know it won't be easy. But I'm pretty determined, and with support and help, I think I can do it. I've been struggling with this - fighting it for a while now. I went through a divorce in 2004 and gained quite a bit of weight from stress - in January 2005 I promised myself to get back in shape, but I had a fall and the injury kept me from exercising like I knew I needed to. Got so bad at one point that I could hardly walk, and I just piled on the pounds.

Now, after several years of chiropractic, I'm doing better - but still not 100%. But I'm so fed up with feeling uncomfortable in the same old clothes - I refuse to waste money buying "fat clothes". The "me" I see in the mirror does not reflect who I am. I really don't know how to succeed at this - I've lost weight before, after my babies were born, through Jenny Craig. But I don't have the money for that anymore - so I'm a bit lost. I'm hoping that I can find some support here and I can make some progress. I really want a new way of life - to not be thinking all the time about my weight . . . trying to ignore it or wish it away. I just want to go back to how I used to be.

Looking forward to making some new friends here.

Replies

• SkinnyMarie196
    Options
    Hi, l'm Marie 45 yrs,258.8 lbs, 5 7 tall and you're not alone. Let's be friends.

SkinnyMarie196
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    This is a great site. I was at 200 pounds last year at this time and am down to 145. Let's be friends and motivate one another.