Does HIIT Sprints Increase Leg Muscle Size Heaps?

Options
Excuse me If I sound silly or uneducated on the facts.
I am a female and as many females are worried about bulking even though it takes a lot of work and dedication. I am not looking to get musclier I am looking to ''Thin'' Out. I have heard that HIIt Sprints increase make your legs bigger?

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Not particularly.

A combination of running sessions strengthen the legs and you'll find some increased definition, but there won't be significant muscle bulking.

Sprinters do weight training, which leads to their leg size.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you are eating at a deficit (i.e. losing weight) then you will gain very little or no muscle. Your legs will become leaner making them look more muscular, and intensive exercise may cause temporary water retention in the muscles making them seem larger, but the actual muscle size will not increase.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I work hard on hills, and my butt is pretty puffy now (not seen in this pic). I'd have to say yes to the quad thing too. But I've been training this way for a while. I would think a newbie would lose size.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    What are Size Heaps?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Not particularly.

A combination of running sessions strengthen the legs and you'll find some increased definition, but there won't be significant muscle bulking.

Sprinters do weight training and eat at a calorie surplus, which leads to their leg size.

added to be more accurate.