Kinda in a slump :/

Options
hey friends...kinda sick of not seeing the scale NOT budge for this WHOLE month! anyone kind enough to check out my diary and give me some tips and advice?!?!? I mean I understand there's this hump that everyone supposedly goes through, but not even 1lb this month...NO BUENO! thanks in advance peeps!

Replies

• kjos0605
    kjos0605 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there- it looks like ur daily caloric goals are not consistent. U should try to determine your daily caloric goal and divide it into 5 or 6 equals meals. Also i would try to eat a little protein with every meal. Also dont be to hard on urself, just remember you will hit plateaus. If u can remember what u did for the month that may have contributed to the end result then maybe u can change things around a little. But no biggie, kick that month in the butt, on to the next! See what next month brings.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    On quick glance, I see you eat a lot of sweets and prepared foods.... and that your calories are often WAY LOW.

Maybe make some healthier choices - more lean meat, fruit & veggies, cut back on some of the snacks - and up your calories to at least 1200.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Not enough protein.
    Not enough calories some days.
    Too many calories other days.
    Too many carbs.
    Too much sodium.
    Too much candy.
    Too much fast food.
    Too much pre packaged food.

edit:
    Doubt some of your exercise calories burned are accurate.
    Don't use the quick add calories tool.
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Get rid of that white rice and sugar. Whole grains. Lean protein. Good fats to fill you up.
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for looking at my diary...I know that I really need to stop eating candy and it just so happens that I started eating them that month. As far as the exercise calories go, I use a heart rate monitor so I assume they are as accurate as they can get. I'm gonna tweak my habits a bit and see how it goes. II really appreciate it and thanks again :)
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others have said. I'm just curious-how do you burn so many calories? My next question is why do you workout so much? I don't mean to be critical at all-I'm just curious! And, okay, I'll be honest. I don't want to see you injure yourself either from overuse on your joints. For one summer, I was loving the stairclimber at the gym. A little too much because I ended up with a stress fracture in my foot! Anyway, I guess that's why I'm concerned about all the workouts. :smile:
  • calthine
    calthine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Be careful your gross calories aren't too low. Also, be sure to always have a little something for breakfast! Missing both of these throws your metabolism into "starvation mode", causing your body to hoard fat against the perceived famine.

Make one meal a day a huge salad. Lettuce is like 25 calories a cup, so have mondo lettuce with a few tasty toppings. Throw 3 ounces of rotisserie chicken on top and you'll have enough protein to hold you a while.
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious-how do you burn so many calories? My next question is why do you workout so much?

I burn tons of calories when I go running/jogging because the place where I go is a hill that inclines and declines with 215 stairs so it's not just a flat pavement. I work out about an hour a day and I don't think that 's excessive at all. I really appreciate your feedback and I don't mind you asking these questions at all :)

@calthine - I know that breakfast is an important meal and I'm going to work at eating it, especially on the weekends. I love lettuce so I will try to incorporate it more. Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    As far as the exercise calories go, I use a heart rate monitor so I assume they are as accurate as they can get.

Well, on your exercise diary it looks like you are using the user imputed calories burned for 12 minute miles which won't take in to account your weight. If you are entering those calories burned over the defaults given based on your heart's BPM manually then nevermind.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hey friends...kinda sick of not seeing the scale NOT budge for this WHOLE month! anyone kind enough to check out my diary and give me some tips and advice?!?!? I mean I understand there's this hump that everyone supposedly goes through, but not even 1lb this month...NO BUENO! thanks in advance peeps!

Some days, your total calorie intake has been under 900 calories?? Why?

The amount of exercise you are doing, you need some fuel or you will get injured. I am not talking about eating exercise calories, I am talking about eating, period.

Cut out all sweets and crap as they are empty calories. Start getting some nutritious food in your body before you become deficient in vitamins and minerals and your body starts to break down.

Give your body the nutrients it desperately needs and it will reward you with safe weightloss - providing you have weight to lose.