hey new to this anyone wanna be friends

Options
hey there my name is jenn and i am new to this trying to lose weight... been tyring and failing to a while.. if anyone has some good ways to stay motatived let me know

Replies

• tinliz_e
    tinliz_e Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new too! I'd be happy to be your friend! I haven't weighed in yet, since I've only been doing this since Thursday, but if you don't mind learning together, maybe we can help each other out!
    ~Tina
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

I am new here as well and I have found that this sight is my main motivation. Maybe that is just the fact that it is new to me, but I think that this is a place where things are held accountable, mistakes are forgiven as long as you dont give up, and there are always answers and encouragement available from anyone and everyone.

I joined for other reasons and have other things to look to and look forward to, but this is my daily motivator. Knowing that if I eat somethng, I will have to post it and others could see it keeps me in check. Also just the act of typing it in is enough to make me watch what I am doing.

So far I love it here, and if you use it daily and ask any questions that you have, I think it will help you as well.
    Good luch, and add me as a friend if you would like some company on your journey. :happy:
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I started earlier this year but quit and just started this week again. My problem is staying focused and logging my food definitely keeps me aware of everything I put into my mouth.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    Id be happy to be your friend....just getting on here an reading everyones daily exercise and food logins is great motivation for me. plus my weight loss..
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    well, i am kinda new; ( less then 2 - 3 months ) but u hang in there, all of u... i cant help u 2 much, lol; cuzzz i am still tryin 2 figure out how 2 get my eatable calories regulated.... but i can give u a few hints on what i do know...
    i actually started 2 lose wt in jan. i weighed 265. i currently weigh 217... i was wearing a 3x... i am wearing a xlg in most clothes now.. ( i went down 4 sizes, lost over 42 - 52 body inches ) advice i do know?
    1) get u a good perdometer, ( make sure u dont get 1 with a spring, they r not very accurate; i had 4 )
    check out omron.com ( i have 1, another wt friend told me about this site,) i wear mine like a watch.. very,very good.........
    2) any type of body movement is concidered excersise... washin a car, yard work, house work, etc... my perdometer counts steps, calories, miles, & arobic steps... ( i track the very largest part of my steps, miles, & calories from working as a cna in nursing/rehab )
    3 ) it's ok 2 have a burger, or pizza now & then... if u do, walk longer, swim longer, ride a bike a little longer afterwards....
    4 ) track EVERYTHING, diet, & fitness...
    5 ) keep tellin your self, " i can do this " ;

sweat bad, hurt hard, work out longer, let it burn, & stay strong!!!!!!

& remember every day, u did not gain all this wt over nite; & u wont lose it over nite
    but every nite, after day's end; u can lose a little every nite.....
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Welcome :happy: Feel free to add me as a friend we'll all help each other
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a couple months, and so far I LOVE this site... it helps so much.
  • cathie4686
    cathie4686 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to this just yesterday and still figuring out the system. I like it so far.
  • TESSYTREV
    TESSYTREV Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started this last week I already shed 8 pounds, I look better, love my body now!!! I am into action. I am exercising everyday!! I know for a fact not eating late, and exercise, eating in moderation, Journaling all of these tools help me change my attitude and way of thinking first my mind then the body follows. I give myself positive affirmations everyday I am determined to get to my goal. It is a goal, so I am on a program of changing my unhealthy behaviors and replacing them with healthy ones to reach my goal.

I look forward to getting suggestions, and giving suggestions to my new friends. I have alot to offer my new friends. I have alot of information to share to those who are struggling!! Tessytrev
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Add me...then add all my friends.