Bloating

Options
Hi peeps, i need some advice, im currently underweight at a weight of 55 kg (8 stone 10), after restrictive eating for about 10-12 months, my stats are - 18 years old, 55kg, 5 foot 9 and a half (175.6cm), Whenever i seem to eat a Normal or even a little amount of food i get really bloated / distended. MFP sets my TDEE around 2150 calories per day (seems low for my age and height). Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone give me some advice? Thanks, Dan

Replies

• cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    I get bloated as hell before bed, pregnant looking.

Wake up lean as hell. Probably too much volume.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is by no means medical advice, just my personal understanding; if it's causing you serious problems or discomfort it's probably a good idea to try and work through this with a professional. After restrictive eating, it can take the body a while to adjust to digesting food again. It's fairly normal to bloat in the early part of recovery. There are lots of do at home things you can try to help, make sure you keep up your water intake. Also, maybe try using a few foods that are of a high density of nutrients for a small portion, think avocado, nuts etc. Some people find having a smoothie for breakfast rather than solids can help. Liquid things like smoothies and soups can be kinder on your stomach as it regains it's memory on how to deal with it. Peppermint tea can help too, for the discomfort of it anyway.