anyone have a prob going to the BR?!

Options
ok...so not something that i wanna share with everyone, but i feel i have no choice!!! whenever i diet i seem to have a hard time going to the bathroom...and i feel it makes my weight drop a lot slower than it could? anyone else having this problem, and any ideas of how to make me more "regular"? i def would appreciate some advice on this one!

Replies

• qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    You need to eat more fiber, but not too much all at once, google fiber rich foods and incorporate some into your daily diet
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Seconded. Eat more fiber.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    smooth move tea? its a natural laxative it seems to work really good for me haha even tho im only 19
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :) i have looked up daily amounts of fiber and it says to eat 25-30grams a day, but mfp says like 15g i think?? how much are you guys recommending??
  • tjradd73
    Options
    smooth move tea? its a natural laxative it seems to work really good for me haha even tho im only 19

did ya get that at a health food store!!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Grind your own golden flax seed, a teaspoon or so a day. On cereal it has no taste.
  • justjeanne
    Options
    ExLax. I'm not saying every day but now and again, it's not going to kill you. Love, your mother.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Grind your own golden flax seed, a teaspoon or so a day. On cereal it has no taste.

is THAT what flaxseed is for??? i've always wondered!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    ExLax. I'm not saying every day but now and again, it's not going to kill you. Love, your mother.

thanks ma!!
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When i'm in my healthy eating mode, I go at least twice a day, which has NEVER been normal for me. I used to only go twice a week! I now eat plenty of salads, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, apples, and grapes. Just be sure to get plenty of fruits and vegetables. :o)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 25 - 30 grams of fiber. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water or the fiber might make your problem worse instead of solving it.

Smooth Move tea has a substance called "senna" in it which is a natural laxative. It is available in my Kroger-owned grocery in the health food/nutrition center.

Another option that has the added benefit of satisfying a sweet craving is to eat (pitted) prunes, AKA "dried plums. They are available with the raisins and other dried fruits. Stores usually have those items near the baking-related products, or sometimes near the candy. Edited to add: a serving of about 5 prunes in the afternoon or evening should make a difference by morning.

When you increase your fiber, don't jump it up all at once or your body may rebel.

Good luck.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    I have found the perfect fix I eat walnuts, nonfat yogurt everyday...it keeps me regular...also eat plenty of fruits and veggies...
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't care what MFP says about fiber. LOL! I know my body requires plenty. I don't count it, I just eat lots of high fiber foods to make sure I get enough.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130605-embrassing-question

We JUST talked about poop LOL. There are some good posts in that thread.
  • hingebre
    Options
    thanks guys :) i have looked up daily amounts of fiber and it says to eat 25-30grams a day, but mfp says like 15g i think?? how much are you guys recommending??

You should definitely be eating at least 25g a day. Make sure you up your intake slowly or you might have some other digestive issues lol. And make sure you drink lots of water
  • tjradd73
    Options
    When i'm in my healthy eating mode, I go at least twice a day, which has NEVER been normal for me. I used to only go twice a week! I now eat plenty of salads, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, apples, and grapes. Just be sure to get plenty of fruits and vegetables. :o)

thanks Tara...I do need to up my greens for sure!! just not a huge fan :(
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I shoot for 25 - 30 grams of fiber. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water or the fiber might make your problem worse instead of solving it.

Smooth Move tea has a substance called "senna" in it which is a natural laxative. It is available in my Kroger-owned grocery in the health food/nutrition center.

Another option that has the added benefit of satisfying a sweet craving is to eat (pitted) prunes, AKA "dried plums. They are available with the raisins and other dried fruits. Stores usually have those items near the baking-related products, or sometimes near the candy. Edited to add: a serving of about 5 prunes in the afternoon or evening should make a difference by morning.

When you increase your fiber, don't jump it up all at once or your body may rebel.

Good luck.

thanks for the prune idea!! since i am not a huge fan of greens i might try supplementing with these too!!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    falx seeds for sure! I have eaten them all sorts of crazy ways that I never thought I would. They are good on salads not chopped up. Or my fiance brought some home ground up and they go good in your coffee, over cereal, in oatmeal... etc. Anywhere from no taste to a nice nutty flavor. You can also get flax seed supplements. :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks to everyone!! ive got the water thing down so i guess i will work on the fiber with greens, flaxseed, and nuts and seeds!!!! i appreciate your honest answers :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    falx seeds for sure! I have eaten them all sorts of crazy ways that I never thought I would. They are good on salads not chopped up. Or my fiance brought some home ground up and they go good in your coffee, over cereal, in oatmeal... etc. Anywhere from no taste to a nice nutty flavor. You can also get flax seed supplements. :)

oh!! i forgot that they make the supplements!!! do you know how many mg i would have to take a day?!?!