Looking for Whole30 Buddies :)

Options
MFPMol
MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
I've done quite a bit of research on the Whole30 throughout the last few months and have been waiting to try it (http://whole30.com/).

Looking for some MFPers who have experience with the Whole30 or anyone who also wants to give it a shot--send me a friend request and we can support each other, share recipes, etc. :)

I've done it in the past but only did it for a few weeks. I FELT AMAZING. Determined to make it the 30 days this time!

Replies

• MFPMol
    Options
    Come on Whole30ers I know you're out there! ;)
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just started the Whole30 myself and I haven't found many others that are familiar with this. I just started on June 1 and am following it pretty closely with a few minor exceptions to see how that goes and if it goes well then I am going to do a strict 30.
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started reading the book and am planning to start next week. It would be nice to have some friends who are also trying it.
  • chaos_theory02
    chaos_theory02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've also read a lot about it. I'd be willing to try :)
  • MFPMol
    Options
    I'm on Day 4, so far so good, Feeling great :)
  • chaos_theory02
    chaos_theory02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I have done several Whole 30's................

I pretty much am eating that way all the time now. So let's go!!!
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 12. Loving it!
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just started! I'm on day 1!
  • MFPMol
    Options
    woohoo! I'm on day 8 currently. First week is very hard, stay strong, it will be worth it I promise!
  • karasz816
    karasz816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about trying it with my girlfriend. (MOreso making us do it) She constantly wakes up feeling exhausted, half the time after she eats she feels not well, she works a pretty physical labor intensive job so I get the being tired after coming home from work.

Will WHOLE30 help with this?
  • MFPMol
    Options
    I have been thinking about trying it with my girlfriend. (MOreso making us do it) She constantly wakes up feeling exhausted, half the time after she eats she feels not well, she works a pretty physical labor intensive job so I get the being tired after coming home from work.

Will WHOLE30 help with this?

There is only one way to find out!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too feel free to add me
  • sharonvree
    sharonvree Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did my first Whole 30 in January and was amazed by how good I felt at the end. I have tried to start twice since, but am struggleing with emotional eating. Forgive the excuse, because I know that's what it is. I would like some Whole30 Buddies here on MFP too. I have not started back yet, but know I need to.
  • sbrasfield
    sbrasfield Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of my first whole30!
  • rucougarchick
    rucougarchick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of my first whole30 too! :) So far so good!
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    On day 31 today :)

I made it! No slips ups or anything. I was surprised at how easy it was to keep it up after the first week or so. Tomorrow I'm going to start adding everything back in a little at a time. First up? A glass of wine! I'm really excited for it. More than anything else I cut out I missed my glass or two of wine a week. Tomorrow morning I'm weighing in and measuring to see the changes. Wish me luck! Sometimes I feel like I can see changes in my body and then others I look the exact same so I have no idea what to expect.
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This thread has me intrigued! I'm going to do some research :smile: The one thing I am concerned about is cost. Don't get me wrong, I know that healthy foods are going to cost more, but it also needs to fit the budget. I could try and rearrange my budget.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I am on day five of my first whole thirty. After all of this time it feels weird to not weigh myself in the morning and log my food. I'm looking forward to having fewer aches and pains and having thoughts in my head other than chocolate and Hagen Daz.
  • amzynda
    amzynda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done a cpl of Whole30 and love the lifestyle, but now have fallen off the wagon :( I joined here to keep track of my fitness & food. I live Whole30 80% of the time and 20% of little indulges! My question is how did you do your percentage tracking of protein, carbs & fat???? Thanks!!!!