Food combinations that you regret trying?

Options
1235»

Replies

• HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Apple vodka and white wine...tasted like paint stripper.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I can only recall three right now, but I love trying different things and therefore have had a good deal of disappointments.

-Sweet Potato latte (used an actual sweet potato and heated 2% milk, ergh. Awful.)
    -Bacon latte (used Torani's bacon syrup... YUCK)
    -Avocado, unsweetened almond milk, & cocoa powder smoothie (granted the avocado wasn't even ripe - I'm impatient)
    -egg whites, cheese, and guacamole (I think the cilantro killed it)
  • GeorgiaJenn1181
    Options
    I decided one day I was going to be super healthy and I made a green juice. I juiced kale, spinach, grapes, pineapple, and a carrot. It looked, and tasted, like water from a mud puddle. I drank it out of sheer stubbornness, but afterward every time I thought about it, I felt like I wanted to throw up. The other failed food attempt was toasting sandwich thins and topping them with fat-free cottage cheese and strawberries I microwaved to soften them up. There were several problems with this meal, the least of which being the nastiness of FF cottage cheese. The biggest issue was that I had no idea my dead husband had used the microwave the night before to nuke a frozen meal with a fish filet. That fishy, oily taste leeched into my berries. They tasted like berry flavored tuna can.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwich. My friend's mother made me one when I was 12 and I didn't want to be rude by refusing. Everyone in her family love's the stupid things...but they are just gross and wrong.

I disagree.... ahah I'm not sure why, but I love peanut butter and dill pickle.. as well as cottage cheese and dill pickle... Weird I know. My husband on the other hand, can't even stand to watch me eat it.

The one food combination I do not like, and never have and probably never will is Lasagna. I love pasta, cheese and veggies by themselves, but baked together... eh not a fan. I know this probably doesn't count since I didn't 'create' this combination, but that's what came to mind....

I had a friend who tried, and actually liked, dipping her Oreo's in nacho cheese... I didn't try this. I wasn't about to ruin Oreos for myself lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup on bacon or sausages. Just yuck. I typically eat those before putting the syrup on the pancakes now...
  • roadregrets
    Options
    -Sweet Potato latte (used an actual sweet potato and heated 2% milk, ergh. Awful.)
    -Bacon latte (used Torani's bacon syrup... YUCK)

I love this, lattes gone wrong. I am really intrigued about the sweet potato, but alas I am allergic so I will not ask for the recipe ;)

On cottage cheese, my grandmother has a recipe for cottage cheese pie which I think tastes like a cheap womans cheesecake (I mean this as a compliment) but no one seems to like it but me and my sister.......it has raisins too

Same woman used to eat mustard sandwiches. And finally, the worst combination: toothpaste and orange juice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    : toothpaste and orange juice.

WTF?
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My kids are all about dipping french fries in whatever flavor shake they have. Hence, we don't eat out very often.

I actually like this combo! :0D
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

WTF?

Umm...EWW!! Why would anyone do this??
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options

WTF?

Umm...EWW!! Why would anyone do this??

Probably brushed their teeth then had a glass of OJ without thinking. I've done it.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Banana meatloaf. Bananas intact. Truly horrific.
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    But for me, I had the bright idea that putting protein powder into a regular milkshake would make it healthier. I couldn't get more than a couple sips into it :sick: