special k shakes and other shakes

2»

Replies

• DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    I drink Special K once in awhile. It's yummy! Don't know if it's bad for me but it's definitely not the worse thing I put in my body.

I have to ask.

What's the worst thing?!
  • akaiookami
    akaiookami Posts: 43 Member
    I have a Special K Protein Breakfast Shake (Vanilla Cappuccino) for breakfast every day during the week before my workout. Just part of trying to streamline my mornings to I actually get the workout in! Once I'm done and at work I usually follow up with some almonds and/or yogurt. I'm sure I could get up earlier and make something healthier from scratch... but I know myself and my weaknesses: I'd just end up skipping the workout then!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Because some people just like to drink their meals!

Personally, if I'm going with a liquid diet I prefer fruit juices like pineapple or orange juice. With rum.

Personally, I like to drink my meals from the source. :smokin: :drinker:
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    They're unsustainable as meal replacements for most people, but as snacks or, if you are a small breakfast kind of person, a breakfast, they're fine. I drink protein shakes (in a can or from a powder) as snacks or occasionally as breakfast. I often blend them with frozen fruit (especially since the not-chocolate ones are sort of gross alone), which is delicious. It helps me with protein when I don't have time to cook.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member

Because some people just like to drink their meals!

Personally, if I'm going with a liquid diet I prefer fruit juices like pineapple or orange juice. With rum.

Personally, I like to drink my meals from the source. :smokin: :drinker:

Wait..what Tai? LOL:smokin:
  • I drink Body by Vi shakes one for breakfast and one for lunch also have healthy snacks and a main meal in the evening low calorie and small portion... and have lost 16lb in 21 days
  • writerly
    writerly Posts: 20 Member
    Try not to use shakes as they contain a TON of sugar, not counting milk, which will help you gain wait. Try Atkins protein shakes, they taste disgusting but are pretty filling and without all the sugars. :)
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Why not eat real food in moderation?

^^ Best Response
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey protein and make shakes, it's cheaper plus I control what else goes into it. I either use them as a supplement or as lunch depending on how busy I am and my workout schedule. I find them much more satisfying than the pre-made shakes and they help me meet my macros when I can't do it with food alone.