Don't be afraid to say no!

Options
Every weekend my inlaws invite us out to dinner. EVERY WEEKEND. I can undo 3 days of hard work with one trip to Red Robin... or Texas Roadhouse...

This weekend, I said, "No." They invited us to their house for lasagna. (I married an Italian. This isn't Stouffer's lasagna...) and politely asked her if she could add a steamed vegetable as well as the salad, and told her I would just bring my frozen fish fillets. for once I am not having anxiety over the weekly meeting/meal with the folks and if she is offended... well, that's her problem. She seemed to understand.

So. Don't be afraid to say "no." This weight loss journey is yours and it's about how YOU feel. Do whatever you have to do to make yourself healthy :flowerforyou:

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My MIL doesn't make the healthiest meals either..we don't go there much for dinner, but I always dread it just b/c of her food choices!
  • twilightteamedward
    twilightteamedward Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Brilliant attitude! We have to make the choices that affect our lives because they affect us. Good luck with your weight loss journey. XX
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My MIL is Mexican and makes well mainly Mexican foods. Thankfully my husband's in the military and we are 6 hours away. LOL, but she'd make greasy tacos a lot and OMG, so GOOD! but I know it's cooked in oil so...
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Good for you! My friends and co-workers are always trying to feed me. Sometimes I feel like a stray dog. "No" has become my middle name. No wonder I can't get a date!

Keep it up!