has anyone

Options
tried Alli for weight loss, if so how did it work for you? i'm considering giving it a try.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Will tell you a secret but don't tell any one else. Save your money and instead of dieting, just eat the calories for the weight you want to be. You will be surprise how much weight you will lose.
  • springbreeze72
    Options
    a girlfriend of mine used it and always had liquid poo coming out of her - years later, her body got 'use to the Allie" and now has caused her stomach issues.
  • niknok28
    Options
    I do not know anyone who has tried it but this may give you some more info on it. :)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alli/WT00030
  • dwgirl140
    Options
    I tried it when it first came out. The only thing I lost was lots and lots of pooh. Violent explosive diarrhea is not fun.:embarassed:
    My best advice to you is to focus on doing it the good old fashion right way. Diet and exercise. :wink:
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did some research on it awhile back and decided not to go that route. If you end up having a greasy meal, you'll literally have the grease coming out your butt! And greasy, watery bowel movements. It supposedly gets rid of some of you fat or calories you eat, but mostly it works by scaring you into not eating the greasy stuff. And like springbreeze72 said, I've also heard about it causing stomach problems down the line.

Another note, if you're consciously eating healthy and working out, you'll be less likely to slip up and have a greasy meal. But if you're just using the pill, you probably won't be thinking about it as much and may slip up, causing the terrible side effects! I'd stick to what's proven to work, healthy diet and exercise.
  • lblocker23
    Options
    the things that come out of your body on Alli are disgusting....stay away from it!
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think there's even a warning on it now that states to carry an extra pair of undergarments in case of anal leakage...i would be very weary of it! But that's just a thought :)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I had a personal training client who decided to try it when it first came out. She was on it for 2 weeks and had to quit. We couldn't finish a workout because of her "accidents". And yes, there is a warning label in the packaging to wear dark clothing and bring a change of pants. I definitely don't recommend it.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    From what some of the others have said about it on this thread, personally I would not touch it with a bargepole.

Remember a time when you may have had a stomach bug that included vomiting and the runs? Very dangerous because the electrolytes in the body all go up the wall - well to be honest, Alli sounds like an enforced, voluntary version of a stomach bug without the vomiting!!

You would have to be obsessed to even try it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awful stuff. I dont know anyone that can put up with the leaking, smell and embarrassment of this stuff.

I have a friend that isn't shy about bowel movements, wind etc who thought she could deal with it, and she couldn't!!

Definitely not the revolutionary fat buster it was marketed as. More like a 'lose your friends and your dignity' buster.....:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think there's even a warning on it now that states to carry an extra pair of undergarments in case of anal leakage...i would be very weary of it! But that's just a thought :)

!!

I don’t see the point of being thin with ANAL LEAKAGE!
  • msstonediva
    msstonediva Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i will not add alli to my plan...

thanks for your feedback...