Express workout NEEDED!!! Advise?!!

Options
I'm planning on being away for 2 weeks. And it is possible that I won't have access to the gym and my regular work outs.
Can anyone share with me ideas af 20-30 minutes EFFECTIVE workout DVDS or ideas? Not 30 days shred though. I've just completed it ...

Thanks everyone for help in advance!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The good thing about P90X is that Tony Horton includes routines using the different weight resistance tubes. I use them when I travel and workout in my room.
  • springbreeze72
    Options
    Will you be staying at a hotel? Most hotels have gyms in them ..good luck
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are staying in any hotels, but I know that the Hilton Garden Inns have workout programs that are free as well as provide the workout equipment.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 pounds on vacation! Where are you vacationing?

I was at the beach so I walked every day. Also, after eating a reasonably sensible meal, I insisted on walking the shops or beach or in one instance up a lighthouse of 200 steps!!

On prior vacations I would do a lot of sitting, but for some reason my newfound health had me moving all the time!

Have fun!!
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I don't normally do any dvd workouts, but I second the P90X suggestion, get some resistance tubes and a travel yoga mat and you can do whole body workouts no problem.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I will be IN RUSSIA! LOL! And it will be no hotel! It will be my father's flat, winter (so, jogging is off the table). He lives on the 15th floor though. So, I can use the stairs. LOL
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I tend to resort to HIIT workouts on vacations - they are quick, very effective and take little space.

For example;

5 min warm up light jogging in place
    1 min jumping jacks - as fast as I can go
    1 min light jogging in place
    1 minute squat thrusts
    1 minute light jogging in place
    1 minute squat jacks - as fast as I can go
    (repeat above 2 more times)
    5 min. cool down and stretching

Total time: 28 minutes

You can do something similar with whatever favorite exercise - just be sure to do 1 minute full out followed by 1 minute lighter to make it a HIIT routine.

Note that this is not a routine you'd do daily - every other day is perfect. On the other days, you could just go for a brisk walk or something similar.

Have a great time on your vacation!!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I tend to resort to HIIT workouts on vacations - they are quick, very effective and take little space.

For example;

5 min warm up light jogging in place
    1 min jumping jacks - as fast as I can go
    1 min light jogging in place
    1 minute squat thrusts
    1 minute squat jacks - as fast as I can go
    (repeat above 2 more times)
    5 min. cool down and stretching

Total time: 28 minutes

You can do something similar with whatever favorite exercise - just be sure to do 1 minute full out followed by 1 minute lighter to make it a HIIT routine.

Note that this is not a routine you'd do daily - every other day is perfect. On the other days, you could just go for a brisk walk or something similar.

Have a great time on your vacation!!

Oh, I like that! Thank you very much! And I like an idea with resistance bands too!
    Thank you everyone so much!
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    Jackie Warner Timebuster DVD. A nice alternative to the 30 day shred. Takes about 25-30 minutes and it is effective. Combine with 15 floors of stairs and you're good. (also a nice dose of borscht should help clean you out lol)
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    Jackie Warner Timebuster DVD. A nice alternative to the 30 day shred. Takes about 25-30 minutes and it is effective. Combine with 15 floors of stairs and you're good. (also a nice dose of borscht should help clean you out lol)
    Oh, thanks! I will check it out!
    And, yes, it will be lots of good things to eat! It will take a courage not to go crazy! :laugh:
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You might try Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer which gives the flexibility of doing 1, 2, or 3 - 10 minute cardio workouts depending on the time a person has each day. I think those are also good for someone who is trying to make exercise part of their daily routine rather than jumping full force into a harder program. No equipment is needed either so it's perfect for use when traveling.

Sharon
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's not 30 minutes (it's 50), but I really recommend Cathe Friedrich's "Travel Fit" workout. VERY good.

Here's a link to a page that gives you clips of the workout. Just scroll down to the 'travel fit' one:

http://cathe.com/video-clips
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    telcochik
    I like 10 minutes! Thanks!

glfprncs2
    I will check this out too! Thank you! ♥