All over again!

Options
Hi my name is Crystal and I have got to get back in them jeans!!! I lost over 40lbs. 2 years ago on a no carb diet and gained it all back within a year when I started to eat carbs again. So, although this weight loss was fast and fabulous it didn't last. So, I'm starting all over, this time including a diet that allows for carbs and hoping the weight will stay off this time. It's so frustrating being heavy and feeling like a failure. It seems I have been on a diet for my entire life. Always thinking about what I am eating, as I'm eating. I just hope that I can shed this weight, be able to focus more "me" time, and being with family and friends, as opposed to constantly thinking about my weight, how I look, and how the world looks at me.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Calories in verses calories burnt, simple math, but just make sure you add exercise to the formula.
  • Valerie25
    Options
    you can do it. I am now the same way after having my son 7 mos ago. when i was 140 I use to think I was over weight.now I would love to be that again. but as a busy mom and looking after my son I have not lost anything. and its time that this baby weight comes off. i think my issue is that i start then stop. but not this time.
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm starting over again! I haven't been very motivated but now i am! You'll get a ton of support here! :smile:
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I lost about 60 lbs quickly on a doctor prescribed low carb diet. It made me cranky and foggy, but I looked pretty good:tongue: I also felt like a failure when I gained it back over the next couple of years, but now I realize the doctor and the diet failed me! What good is it to lose weight if it comes right back?
    Well, I've started over again eating what I like in moderate amounts throughout the day, drinking plenty of water, getting more exercise and getting more sleep. So far, so good. I'm losing weight more slowly this way, but I'm hoping that it will help me keep the weight off in the long run. Good luck in your effort to improve your health.:flowerforyou:
  • CrystalFKelly
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really needed to hear that I wasn't the only one who had the issue with the no carb diet. Also, it cost me a small fortune. I went to the doctor weekly for B6 and B12 shots as well as get phentermine. It was about $100 a week, so I lost weight and money, gained back the weigh and still lost the money. I understand it may take longer but at least maybe this time it will stay off