batwings

Options
Hi, I started around mid to late February and have lost 28 Lbs. (Still 93 to go) I do only cardio right now, and know I should've started lifting from the beginning but didn't. I now have wings that continue to wave goodbye even after I've stopped. Every search I do on the internet seems to be focused on people who are already in somewhat good shape, or know what they're doing. Any tips on arm strengthening for someone without a gym membership using just a few weights at home? I can't do those dip things where you lift your own weight up from a bench (yet) So I'm sure even light weights will help at this stage in the game. Thanks for any help you can give. (Also I'm aware I may always have loose skin, just trying to improve it the best I can)

Replies

• florallove92
    Options
    My fiancee showed me some simple at home work outs with resistance bands and 5lb weights for my triceps, there's lots of different ones :).

I found a good link where it shows how to do it, and these are basically all of the ones he showed me anyway (I can't explain it in words well). I'm not sure how to make the link clickable, but here it is - http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/best-triceps-exercises-00100000089554/

Oops, I realized after that you said an arm work out in general. Well, these tricep workouts will help tackle the batwings :)
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My fiancee showed me some simple at home work outs with resistance bands and 5lb weights for my triceps, there's lots of different ones :).

I found a good link where it shows how to do it, and these are basically all of the ones he showed me anyway (I can't explain it in words well). I'm not sure how to make the link clickable, but here it is - http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/best-triceps-exercises-00100000089554/

Oops, I realized after that you said an arm work out in general. Well, these tricep workouts will help tackle the batwings :)
    Thanks!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    The arm flab is either fat or loose skin (or probably both), and unfortunately exercises don't target either of those. For an explanation, google "spot reduction myth". You'll get the best results following a normal, full-body program, rather than just working your arms (which no trainer would recommend). For an at-home workout, check NerdFitness.com.