Running Question

Options
So I have been running since 2009 and the question I have is whether it is alright to run every day? I have heard some people say that it is alright and some say that it isn't. I guess I'm just confused if whether it really is alright or not. Any advice?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you do it to lose weight, you may want to change it up some. If you do it cause you enjoy it, then go for it as long as nothing starts to hurt.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Years ago I ran 5 miles every day rain, sun, snow, sleet I was like the mail man. The one thing that you could count on was that I would be out running at 6:30am every morning. I never had a problem and I did it for years. I quit for a multitude of reasons (read excuses) and I've just started again. Now I'm a 3 days a week person. I have to give myself a day off in between. If you're doing it soley for cardio I thing it's fine. You'll want to mix it up with interval training and the like but you really have to listen to your body. It does need time to repair if you're working on increasing distance or speed.

Hope that's a little helpful.
    :drinker:
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    It is fine to run every day for the most part, just make sure you are giving yourself recovery time. Vary distance, pace, terrain etc.