Motivating Music

Options
Any suggestions for some upbeat music to get me through 1-2 hours of gym time? I'm totally into Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Rihanna, just to give an idea of what I go for. Recommendations would be awesome! Thanks!

Replies

• Misterjosh
    Options
    Simian, Justice, Uffie...
  • niknok28
    Options
    Personally. I LOVE India Arie's song 'Summer' I literally set it to repeat when I run. I also like to listen to some of the older Garbage songs as well as Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
  • fsnorkin
    Options
    Michael Buble - I'm Feeling good. I really like the lyrics "Its a New Dawn, Its a New Day, Its a New Life, for Me - And I'm feelin' Good!!! ITs great when you don't think you have anything left in you! LOL Actually lots of his upbeat songs are great for the gym. I have also discovered recently that some Old Liberace songs are a great beat - Kitten on the Keys, Liberace Boogie etc. Choose the really fast ones! LOL I also listen to Whitney Houston especially her BodyGuard Soundtrack. Good luck!
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hmm...i recommend "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson. Also, Crazy Frog songs would make great workout music, like "Axel." They're funny cuz of the periodical high pitched frog voice singing, but they're so upbeat. lol Techno music also works...like DJ Sammy, Cascada, Alice Deejay, DJ Tiesto, TBA, etc. Ooh, and if u like Lady GaGa, u'll love the techno version of "Alejandro"...GREAT workout song. :)
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Simian, Justice, Uffie...

^^ Agreed, Miike Snow remixes too :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Ke$ha, Ciara, PitBull, Tiao Cruz, Cascada, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas, Usher
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Here are some songs on my playlist that help me get pumped up--I think we have around the same taste. :]

-Ke$ha - Take It Off;
    -Far East Movement - Like a G6;
    -The -entire- E.N.D. album by Black Eyed Peas;
    -Ciara fea. Missy Elliott - Work;
    -Rihanna - Only Girl in the World;
    -Flo-Rida fea. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me;
    -David Guetta fea. Akon - Sexy Chick;
    -Crookers fea. Kelis - No Security;
    -2AM Club - Worry About You;
    -Trey Songz fea. Nicki Minaj - Bottoms Up;
    -Mike Posner - Please Don't Go;
    -Kanye West - The New Workout Plan;

>.o ...I could go on forever, but these are my top ones for the moment. <3
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is "Sleepwalker" by Adam Lambert. It totally helps me visualize where I want to be and keeps me going!