I can't seem to get enough protein!

Options
13»

Replies

• PaulaAP66
    PaulaAP66 Posts: 3
    Options
    I buy a really delicious protein bar called Quest bars, and they have 20-21 grams of protein per bar. I buy them online, but I think you can get them at GNC stores too. They come in over a dozen flavors - my favorites are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and White Chocolate Raspberry. One bar is 180 calories, so I have 1/2 a bar as a snack, or a whole bar as part of a meal. Helps scratch my itch for sweets too!!
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    There's something called p3. It's a protein pack with 3 sources of protein. Ham cubes or turkey, cheese cubes and almonds. 170 calories and 13 or 14 grams protein. I do egg whites with weight watcher cheese for breakfast. Then green yogurt for lunch everyday. Fiber one protein bars. Usually a scoop of peanut butter every night to help me sleep lol
    imho: OVER PRICED and underwhelming. Lord you could make 10 of them for the price of 1.

You think so? At the Walmart here they are only
    $1.50 each.
    okay. 5 of them. with 1/8th the packaging. And probably a higher quality of meat.

I thought about putting them together myself but here's my question.....do you think they stay good for as long? Or only a few days? I was thinking of trying it.
  • t00fan
    t00fan Posts: 7
    Options
    Cottage cheese is really good source as well. Kroger brand fat free cottage cheese has 15g per half cup. A cup of that at night before bed and you get 30g in a sitting. Love cottage cheese.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Me either. The struggle is real.
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    ABB Performance Pure Protien 50g Milk Chocolate (google it)
    Taste great, only downside is their a bit pricey.
  • Armwrench
    Armwrench Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try replacing high carb snacks with a low carb high protein shake (GNC Total Lean) or a low carb high protein bar (Quest Bars are good). Both of those are usually 170 calories and between 20 - 25 protein and less than 7 carbs.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    If you're not against eating meat, eat more lean mean. Chicken, turkey, beef. I rarely have an issue getting 90+ grams. It's usually only low when it's pasta night.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat about 200 grams at least every day with no problem. I'm eating 2400 calories with carbs only coming in at 170 grams. I actually have to reevaluate my meals because I was going over my protein requirements each day. It's really not that difficult people, you have chicken breast, ground turkey, lean beef and pork, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and protein powders to help you achieve this goal. Granted, some of you have a hard time eating very much which is understandable, but it's much easier to eat more protein if you don't have a ton of carbs taking up your protein space. I'm not saying limit your carbs, I'm just saying that it doesn't need to be as high as you think unless you're a distance runner or an extreme weight trainer.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    egg whites, add protein powder to cottage cheese, or plain yogurt.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I eat 131g a day - i do supplement with a vegan protein powder with 20g P per scoop. I also eat greek yogurt, Quest bars (also 20g), i bought a "True to Nature" granola bar which is all natural 7g Protein per bar - 200 Calories. Chicken at lunch, eggs at breakfast, steak/chicken at supper. Cheese sometimes with snacks or peanut butter. Its all about protein with every snack or meal. i don't supplement a lot - i just listed them for the purposes of this thread.
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Try a Premier Protein Shake, vanilla, chocolate or strawberry....each 11 oz has 30g protein.
    Find at Sam's Club or Costco or look up other sources at the Premier website.
    Beneprotein unflavored powder can be found at Wal Mart in a small can. It can be mixed with many foods
    and beverages to up your intake. Good luck!