Fitness Clothing

Options
I hope this isn't over share but I'm kind of at a loss.

I'm a big chested girl (36-38 DD-DDD) I have been looking ALL OVER on the web and in town stores for a good under wire sports bra. I want these babies immobile and pasted to my body. Any recommendations? My current situation is an old under wire, with a smaller (probably a 36-C) sports bra on top and a normal 36-DD on top of that. It does ok, but they are starting to go out and I don't want to have to buy 3 bras so I can work out comfortably. So help??

Thanks!

Replies

• clacourse
    clacourse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey! The last time I bought bras, I was fitted and such, and I asked the lady for help with picking out a sports bra. She said that sometimes you need one cup size smaller than you normally do. I'm a 40 D and I have a C. It's not even underwire. They do bounce a little LOL but not nearly as much as if it were a regular bra. I can't remember what brand it is..... I got it at Belk's, though. $20. Hope this helps a little. :happy:
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I always buy level 4 shock absorber bra's they're great, I don't notice any bounce at all. They aren't underwired but they do the job. (i'm a 30f) I've tried a few variety's but find these the best. They are expensive but well worth it.
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    I've had problems finding a sports bra too. My sister recommended Under Armour. They didn't have the size I wanted (their XL is about a 38D, and I usually need a DD). But I bought it anyway online (I was normally using two old maternity bras together), and once I figured out how to adequately squish myself into it, I LOVE it. These babies hardly move at all. (Not underwire, I usually like underwire, but this is great).

I use it for skipping, jogging...it's great. But your boobs kind of get redistributed under your chin and under your arms. You have to re-arrange quite a bit at first.
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Sorry...my sister also recommended checking out Lululemon's Tatta Tamers (I think that is the right name). I didn't check them out because I tried the Under Armour first, but you may want to check them out.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of my favorite sports clothing sites.
    www.titlenine.com
    www.athleta.com
    www.lucy.com
    www.bra.com
    Make sure that around the band it is tight. That is where it is going to hold the girls down! I have had 4 children. When I had my last child I was beyond a DD.... yeesh! Then I had the happy's of finding a bra for mine while around the band I was only a 34.I lost some pounds and got them down to between a D-DD. My thing is that when I lose pounds I will get smaller around the band and go more towards the 32-33 1/2 inch part. Try and find a 32 D. lol!! I have rather wide shoulders so I like to say I have the shelf to put the books on ;-]. I had the bra chick talk to into a 36. Please do not let them talk you into that one! If your bra is crawling up your back then the band is to big. On some of these sites they have bar bells showing you the support. Good luck! Let me know if any of these helped.
    jac
  • jillbedford
    Options
    Fleet Feet will fit you and get you in a bra that works. I like compression bras. They last for years, are machine washable and cut down on the bounce issue. Locked and loaded.
    I am a marathon runner and was quite heavy for a long time before I got my diet under control. I run about 30 miles a week on average.
    Hope this helps.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I looked and yes you are correct. That site is
    http://shop.lululemon.com/Ta_Ta_Tamer/pd/c/520/np/520/p/1642.html
    have to put that one in my fav's ;-]
    jac
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Well, I ordered a 38DD from Lululemon, and it is way too small...so I stick with my recommendation of Under Armour.
  • carolynbe
    carolynbe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36/38DD. My favorite undewire bras are the Champion Powerback and the Donna Karan 35137.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Enell Sports bra