Riding my bike!

Options
2»

Replies

• DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love to hear someone experiencing the wonderful joys of cycling.!! Doesn't matter how fast or how far you ride, just keep on pedaling=)
    Yay! This is a great post! It's wonderful to hear how much you are enjoying your bike.Keep on peddling and those pounds are going to fall off! I have a love/hate relationship with mine. I love to ride but I hate how it makes my tush feel. All that cushion I have back there...it makes NO SENSE! LOL
    I'll tell you a secret to end your suffering...padded shorts, chamois cream and a properly fitted sadle
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome - enjoy!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    rode my bike to work for the first time today, surprisingly only took me 20 minutes and it will definitely become a daily occurrence so i can get some cardio in while actually going somewhere, running for 15 minutes in one direction and then turning around just seems like a waste of time for me (not to knock runners, i just dont enjoy it)
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's surprising far you can go on a bike and a good breakfast. Well done for getting back on a bike again.

I've got a touring bike for cycling to work, but I NEED a tatty bike for just goofing about with my son - the best sort of cycling ever!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Half the battle of exercise is finding something you love doing...good for you :drinker:
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Last year in August I started cycling again, cycling to work once a week (it's a 20 mile round trip) and I honestly couldn't fathom why it took me 3 years to actually give it a go! I love it, love it, love it!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

For the ladies experiencing the sore tushes, I suggest investing in a women's saddle. They are shaped for our wider pelvis'. And also padded cycling shorts and chamois cream like the other posters suggested.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Well I got a bike, nothing fancy and old hand me down. But I love riding it. I cant go very far yet. But 35 pounds down and I can ride again. I forgot how much I love riding. We are looking for one for my hubby this weekend. Im sure he can out ride me. But I don't care. I can ride a bike! I think this is the most motivation ive had in a long time. Just wanted to share this.:glasses:

Congrats! It's one more activity to enjoy :)
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great! I love riding. Incidentally there's a bike group here on MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/361-bicycling-road-and-mountain

sounds like you definitely want some padded shorts and maybe a new saddle. Check out aerotechdesigns.com for bicycle clothing at a large variety of sizes. I have big man's baggy shorts and a set of bibs from them and they're fantastic!
  • Grant45t
    Grant45t Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - good for you for getting back to cycling! I love riding my bike in the river valley and on the remote trails here. It's easy to burn a lot of calories when you don't even notice you are exercising!