Evening snack time...

Options
mjedy16
mjedy16 Posts: 29 Member
Do you have a time that you will not eat after in the evening? Does metabolism slow down? My boyfriend and I heard on a tv show (can't even remember which one right now) to not eat after 8 p.m. He said jokingly, "But, all the good shows are on then." As much as he was just joking it is true. It is the time of the evening when it is nice to sit down, unwind, and have a snack.

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Nope. I will eat a snack right up to bedtime. I don't want to eat a full meal and then go to bed on it but snacks, right up till time to brush my teeth.
  • mistermama
    Options
    The theory is that you don't go to sleep with stomach full of undigested food. The food will get processed, and since the body's not moving around, it will go straight to fat storage. So they say to not eat within 2 - 3 hours of bedtime. Not sure if there's good science behind this theory, but it doesn't sound unreasonable.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    The theory is that you don't go to sleep with stomach full of undigested food. The food will get processed, and since the body's not moving around, it will go straight to fat storage. So they say to not eat within 2 - 3 hours of bedtime. Not sure if there's good science behind this theory, but it doesn't sound unreasonable.

No...that is not true.
  • jessicagilb
    jessicagilb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I damn well please.