Spinning

Options
Have anyone tried spinning classes before? Im thinking of trying it and i wanted to hear/read about your experience and your results from spinning. Usually how long are the classes? and can you do it at home?

Replies

• dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do them occasionally- they are typically 50-60 minutes and you control the resistance yourself so you can tailor the class to your fitness level. Don't really have much to say as far as "results" as all it really is is a good form of cardio. I suppose you could do it at home if you have a spin bike (which are different than conventional exercise bikes), but you should definitely go to a class and give it a try!! It's really not as intense as people like to make it out to be.

PS- your booty will be sore after your first class but after 2-3 you'll be used to it :flowerforyou:
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love them, so much in fact I recently became certified as an instructor. Most classes are about 50-60 minutes and make sure you get there a little early so the instructor can help you set up your bike for the first class. Since you sit differently on the bike than people are used to you can be a little sore the next day so sometimes it is worth it to plan to go for just 30 minutes of the class.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Well, spin class provides 60-90 minutes of cardio that's low-impact on your joints. The results should be similar to other forms of cardio. Your first sessions will also toughen up your leg muscles.
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I used to go to spinning class in Greece. We had an instructor from England and her classes were awesome. I could see results soon, but until I got there it was a hard, bumpy road. In her classes she actually tells you the levels you are doing the exercises - push-ups, ups and downs, climbs, and weights. (Yes, you can actually do push-up on a stationary bike and lift weights, while pedaling!!!)

She had also great music, which help to stay in cadance and motivated as well. Miss' those classes, since I am back in the states. Nothing compares here to her classes!