So how did everyone learn about this site?

Options
2»

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Was recommended it by a bodybuilder
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I heard about it through a friend from work... love it ! :-)
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A co-worker recommended it and I've been a LOSER ever since - the GOOD kind!!

Dave
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I was reading All You Magazine and they recommended this website. Joining this website is one of the best decision I've ever made.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended I log my food on the app and it went from there, it took awhile for me to get serious but boom!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me about it. She had lost a bunch of weight before she got pregnant, using this app. After the baby, I joined MFP with her while she lost the baby weight. My loss has been slower, but I'm not 26 anymore!
    I quickly found a lot of other women around my age who were succeeding, and off I went.
    The forums can be a bit dangerous for some, and you have to check the food database to make sure entries are accurate sometimes, but considering it is a free app, I love it.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Googled "Best Weight Loss App" sitting in an airport waiting for a flight home from a vacation on which none of my clothes fit well. Almost 18 months ago...
  • lindajeanscs
    Options
    I was reading an article in a magazine. The lady lost over 100 lbs. using this sight and it's better than paying a weekly fee and going to meetings. I like the instant proof that the more you move the more you can eat and still lose.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I noticed an NCO in my unit loose a good bit of weight and he was well into his 50s I asked how he did so well and he showed me MFP and then I made an account that was in October 2012.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I started recording my food on another app: LoseIt. Was doing that for about a month when a co-worker/friend encouraged me to sign up for MFP so she could help "keep an eye" on my food intake (lack thereof at the time). Best decision EVER!!!!
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Found it in the app store and thought I would give it a try..
    Love how easy it is to use and how it syncs with my fitbit and mapmyrum
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know what my daily calorie limit should be, I was basically looking for a site just like this. The magic of Google led me here!