just as good as nutri-system / jenny craig ?

Options
ok, a friend of mine from the fitness center that i work out at, has been telling me about her sucess she is having. they have a meeting once a wk, ( kinda like the biggest loser ) she has lost 47 lbs so far.. she told me 2 check out "smart ones ". this, she said is how she has lost so much. they are just as good, ( she thinks better, less exspensive ) so i wanted 2 join in the 1 week challenge. since i have 2 eat quick ( per say ) & my tyme is limited; then for 1 week, the losers of the summit, are doing a 1 week theory... (good tyme 4 me 2 start tommorrow too; it's the 1st of nov, & our food stamp card gets reloaded tommorrow ) & it's the beginning of the week... so the summit losers start the smart 1's diet tommorrow. i have tasted sum of thier meals b 4, they are really good... & becuz they have entrees, breakfasts, snacks, & even deserts, this is goin 2 b very easy 2 do.... & i am exstremely curious to. with the amount of excersise i track, this will defitely b a challenge... for 1 week, ( until next mon ) no 1 is sopose 2 cheat, & that includes getting on the scales, or getting measured... but with the entrees, or even lunch, we r allowed 2 add a salad, or 1 piece of bread... & of course measured condiments, salt, pepper, etc.. we were told, in the am, we can eat cereal, & yogurt, fresh fruit, etc on sum daz, not jus the smart 1's breakfast; if we want too... so here we go... tommorrow; let the challenge begin.. wish me luck all mfp friends...... next mon, i will let u know how it went....:wink::drinker:

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It is true either wil help you lose fat, but ask your self this question. Will I want to pay for that the rest of my life. Problem with those are, they don't teach you to deal with your weight in real life. Once you stop paying for it, you are back to eating the same way that got you into trouble to start with.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It is true either wil help you lose fat, but ask your self this question. Will I want to pay for that the rest of my life. Problem with those are, they don't teach you to deal with your weight in real life. Once you stop paying for it, you are back to eating the same way that got you into trouble to start with.

Sadly, I have to agree with this comment. I've been through the nutri system, and packaged meal systems in the past. You lose the weight, but without learning how to deal with your weight in real life and how to eat like a normal person, the weight comes back.
    I lost 40 lbs in less than 2 months when I did nutri system; gained it back rather quickly once I stopped. I wish you all the luck though.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    to amerillo::: as i said, there is a meeting every week. there is a dietian, that works with u, if u are dietabetic; etc. they also have a representive from 1 of the past biggest losers. ( now works with people 2 learn how 2 control thier diets ) they give u a book, & a diary 2 track your meals with... the smart 1's is a 1 week, to see how much u lose in a week on it... the meetings teach how 2 control your diet with reg foods, resteraunt foods, etc.. that is sum thing i 4 sure could use....
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    poodle, i was very skeptic too..... i have tried so many diet pills, plans, even since i have joined mfp.... but if u read what i wrote. it is for 1 week, 2 comare, & see if it works as well.... as i also said there is a meeting every week with a dietian, etc.. 2 teach u the things u need 2 learn 2 control your diet, etc.. very simular to weight watchers....i am not gonna use this diet 2 solely lose weight. this a 1 week trial comparison... besides.. also; i work 2 pm - 10 pm.... i eat dinner about 5 pm. when i am feeding a resident where i work.. i dont get a dinner break til 8 pm; & i dont like eatin heavy at that tyme... so the dinner meals i do eat; have 2 be quicky meals, but healthy of course... i only get about 15 mins at this feeding tyme......
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am very surprised an actual registered dietician would support and supervise a plan where you eat nothing but frozen, processed foods. I'd ask to see some credentials b/c even if you do lose weight, this plan is far from healthy. It is possible to eat healthy, fresh foods on a limited income (and time constraints). If you haven't already, Google Angel Food Ministries- they offer fresh produce and fruits at extremely reduced prices for anyone that would like to purchase- regardless of your income. I *think* they may even accept food stamps. I do wish you luck- but there is no such thing as a quick fix.