Sad Day...

MeekMeals
MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi pals! Well friday during my intense cardio workout, my lucky tennis shoes, the pair that have been with me throughout my weight loss experience, ripped at the seams (i've had these shoes for years lol). Needless to say i wanted to find some cement rubber glue stuff and piece them back together but i didnt. See when i first started exercising (like really exercising), i had my magic tennis shoes and ONE workout outfit. To this day i still wear the workout pants with the string tied up reeeeeal tight around my waist lol!! I did breakdown and buy new workout clothes a month ago.

Tomorrow i get acquainted with the newbies, I hope they tolerate me and treat me good just like my old magic tennis shoes. What if i fall off the treadmill or something, i'm so scared lol!!!!

Replies

• missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Love it! You'll be awesome in your newbies :happy:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    they will be missed.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Did you recycle them, so they can go help the world in their new existence? Or have they been bronzed?? LOL
    Enjoy your new life, and shoes! :drinker: (water)
  • Awe ~~ They served you well. I went shopping for tennis shoes today and at one point I felt like one of those dogs on America's Funniest Videos when they are walking in socks. What am I going to do? I think super glue sounds like a really good idea right now.
  • MeekMeals
    Did you recycle them, so they can go help the world in their new existence? Or have they been bronzed?? LOL
    Enjoy your new life, and shoes! :drinker: (water)

LOL!!! No i didnt recycle them. Funny u mention bronzing them because i havent gotten up the nerve to throw them away. They are in my closet, i put them in the wash machine and cleaned them up real nice. I should bronze them!! I luv that idea, thanks!!! LOL!!
  • thik_nis
    thik_nis Posts: 23 Member
    Lol lol.... that is too funny. That's some serious working out!! Go girl. You'll be fine.... btw, cute profile pic
  • rastrillo
    rastrillo Posts: 28 Member
    If you don't bronze them you should at least hang them up so you can see them from the treadmill. Your new body shouldn't be the only trophy.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Awww I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel, because back in 2005 I bought a pair of workout shoes (it was my major purchase at the time) and I just can't bear to part with them! They do need a good clean though, I should throw them in the wash!

L.
  • MeekMeals
    Awe ~~ They served you well. I went shopping for tennis shoes today and at one point I felt like one of those dogs on America's Funniest Videos when they are walking in socks. What am I going to do? I think super glue sounds like a really good idea right now.

i'm telling u, i was this close to rubber cementing mine. I feel your pain. It is really a task going tennis shoes shopping. LOL!
  • MeekMeals
    Awww I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel, because back in 2005 I bought a pair of workout shoes (it was my major purchase at the time) and I just can't bear to part with them! They do need a good clean though, I should throw them in the wash!

L.

I dont know i think the wash i did prior might have jinxed mine! LOL!
  • MeekMeals
    If you don't bronze them you should at least hang them up so you can see them from the treadmill. Your new body shouldn't be the only trophy.

Thanks! True good idea too. Or take a picture and keep it in my wallet LOL!!
  • MeekMeals
    Lol lol.... that is too funny. That's some serious working out!! Go girl. You'll be fine.... btw, cute profile pic

Yes guess i ran a hole in them...literally!! Thanks for the compliment on my new pic!
  • MeekMeals
    Hi pals! Today I test out my new kicks during my afternoon HIIT exercise. I'll let you all know how it goes :-)
  • MeekMeals
    OMG!!!!! I told you guys the shoes were "magical". I worked out in the newbies, they felt good when i was running, but later on that night I had the worse leg cramps ever! Didn't know why so the next day i wore the newbies again. My legs were sore the next day!

This is not good. So i had to go scrounging thru my closet to find an old pair of nike max, used them today, so far so good. but the true test will be tonight.

I am too scared to tell you all what brand the "newbies" are!!! LOL!!
This discussion has been closed.