Putting on weight

Options
Good Morning Everyone,

How do you all cope when you put weight on? This is the first time in 13 weeks that I've put on. Every other time I have either stayed the same or lost weight.
Its got me feeling really low and need inspiration on how to pick myself up again and get back on it.

Sorry for sounding stupid.

Love Steph xxx

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it's probably water retention...

I never let it bother me....knowing that if it was 1-5lbs in a week that there was no way I ate all that food...esp since I log everything after it's weighed and measured.

eta: and stayed in goal.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Could be anything. I weigh once per week but mostly take note of how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit.

Weigh once per week at the same time. If you don't lose, forget it, if you don't lose for two consecutive weeks then something might need changing.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It might be water weight or muscle. You might want to start tracking your measurements so scale fluctuations wont be as daunting.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yeah I put on and drop weight all the time, normally the biggest spikes are on days when my diet gets a little out of hand and I end up with more salty fast food in me than the good stuff I normally eat.

The number on the scale has next to nothing to do with how much fat we have in us on a day to day basis though so I try not to let it bring me down. I know for a fact overweight men my size do not consistently eat 1700-1900 calories a day while going for frequent 30 mile bike rides each week so the weight will go when it goes.

Anyways, good luck to you. Chances are you'll see a drop in a few days more than you expected. The body is an amazing thing.