Oh the shame

Options
Half way through my gym session this morning and a kind stranger (male) at the gym informed me that my trousers were on inside out!

I obviously thanked him but tried to style it out as if I did not care by going over to the water fountain for a drink first when I realised they had fitted a new fountain. Put my face down to the fountain, pressed the nozzle and a jet of water squirted me right in the face as the water pressure is a bit high on the new unit. Cue coughing and spluttering while trying to grab the paper towel to mop my face (and glasses)

I promptly went downstairs, dried my face and swapped my trousers round to the right way and then returned to the gym

Dignity well and truly lost today but at least I continued with the gym session

Replies

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, I've done worse. One time I was teaching my Zumba class and couldn't figure out why my skort was fitting so funky... figured out about halfway through class that they were on backwards!! LOL
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    This is why you should not exercise.
  • gmhenry2014
    gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good job for continuing with your session! Thanks for sharing!
  • 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is why you should not exercise.

This thought did go Through my head! Lol. I also damaged ligaments in my foot after coming out of a yoga class once and thought had I not been exercising it would never have happened!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I've come to work with my blouse on inside out, my boss was like "isn't your shirt inside out?" LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    As long as they were clean and didn't have racing stripes- whatever. I would have slowly turned and looked at him with scary crazy eyes and whispered- are you calling me fat!!!!

*hit happens
    I tried to squat a bar that had only one plate on it.

Yes- just one.

this is why Jo doesn't lift in the AM pre-coffee... LOL

anybody who has been at a gym long enough knows it happens- go back and be fabulous tomrrow.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If that's the worst that ever happens to you at the gym, you'll be doing okay. :laugh: I've definitely done (and seen) worse.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thats not too bad, my first time at this new gym im at now i walked up to the wall of weights picked up a 20 lber lifted overhead just to test it and smacked the flatscreen tv hanging from the wall above me , luckily it didnt fall or break.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    My very first reporting job, I showed up to the bureau with a new shirt on, feeling super professional and ambitious and confident... and then the security guard pointed out the giant TJ Maxx tag still hanging off the back. Stupid but I still think of it to this day and cringe. Good for you for finishing your workout! :flowerforyou:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This is so much more adorable than the usual mismatched sock or shoe story.... Hahahahahahahaha!
  • 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Haha this has turned into an entertaining thread. Feeling better now. Have turned up with 2 left trainers before but obviously did abandon work out that time (wouldnt want to run round in circles on the treadmill!)