New To Site, Wedding Next Year!!!

Options
Hi all, my name is Cyone, I'm 25 and I'm new to the site! I'm getting married in the coming year, no date is set yet, but it will most likely be toward the end of the year and I hope to lose 100 lbs. possibly more than that in the healthy and safe way. I'm excited about beginning the next chapter of my llife as healthy as possible. Hopefully I will also meet some fitness pals on this journey, wishing everyone the best of luck and to all other brides to be Congrats!!

Replies

• Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hi! I wish you best of luck - add me as a friend if you like: I'm getting married next spring and my original goal was to lose 20lbs, but I think since I'm so close I'm pushing for another 10 :happy: I've done this with logging ALL my food & drink, measuring & weighing out my serving sizes, holding myself accountable for everything I eat & do & most of all, exercise. I've toned and firmed more in the last 11 months that I ever did, and I look better than I did when I weighed 10lbs less several years ago!

It's been slow going, only 18lbs in 11 months, but I'm doing this 4-Life. I want to keep this up 5, 10, 15 years from now: I can't keep it up my half-starving myself, but I can keep it up the way I've been doing. Just like the Tortoise said "slow and steady wins the race" :flowerforyou:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • runner915
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP and congrats on the upcoming wedding!
  • Sarah31210
    Options
    welcome to mfp!! i am also getting married next year, int he summer =) my goal is to lose 55 lbs by then i only have 8 months to do it so i dunno if im gunna but im deffinatly trying =) thats my big goal my mini goal is to lose 30 lbs, that will bring back to the weight i was before having my son only 8 months ago =) best of luck to you and congrats on the wedding! feel free to add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Howdy ...

Welcome to MFP, and I hope that you lose all the weight you desire; and when you lose all your weight, I hope that you develop a plan to keep it off forever and ever and ...
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My sister lost weight for her wedding in a year. She didn't have to lose more than 40 lbs, but she lost all of it and was very happy and beautiful. Good luck on your journey! My sister is proof that if you want it, you can GET IT!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I am on the same journey. hoping to lose 100 or more lbs before my wedding next year.. hope it goes well for you!