no weight..just inches

Options
i lost 3 inches in 1 week but no weight. I kept my food under 1300 but was in the red in few areas. Do more protein, more sugars contribute to NO weight lost? Does my food diary have to be all BLACK to lose weight? I worked out 5 days this week ranging from 45-60 minutes.

HELP! I am trying not to get discourage but this food thing IRKS me.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    nope, as it has a built in loss. you just do not want to go too much in the red often. lol But changing up each day is good.
  • sjaudio
    Options
    If you lost three inches, then you lost weight. What has most likely happened is that you replaced fat with muscle. Remember that muscle is denser than fat so if you replace one pound of fat with one pound of muscle, you will be leaner but still weight the same. Don't get discouraged, you're doing great. I've gone for a week without losing an ounce, then dropped three pounds over two days. You're body will just do that at times. Keep at it.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? I find that if I workout and don't eat my exercise calories, I don't lose...
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! I have only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks (weigh in on Tuesdays) but have lost 1 inch in all the right places! Keep the faith and be honest with your diary. You have to eat exercise calories too. HRM gives me a better idea of exactly what I am doing in my exercise and calorie burn. Keep it up!
  • safari20111
    safari20111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement.. I am trying to eat the exercise calories but its hard bc it seems like a lot of food. I carry alot of my weight in my mid sections; should i be more cautious about my sugar intake?
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!! :happy:

You HAVE lost "weight" if you have lost inches..... I dont know why ppl say "weight" it makes it all about the scales!

Muscle is one and a half times heavier than Fat... so you may have lost fat and gained muscle...

Oh watch your sodium as if you go over this you most likely retain water and bloat.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome--either lbs or inches lost is a victory! The other posters seem to have covered all the main issues already. Did you take pics when you started and then do another once a month--then you'll notice! and are you doing weights or core exercises or just walking or both? your progress is coming along nicely--make sure to get your water in every day. sodium is my downfall sometimes so i track it on the food section now. also remember everyone is a bit different in the way they lose. But you really are doing great! I do low carb and am avoiding sugars for the moment. i'll use stevia or agave and plan to try splenda for my holiday baking. there are some nice low carb recipes at eatingwell.com Good luck!