Had a wake up call with Halloween!!!!

Options
Ok, I have been on this site for a while now and have lost 22 lbs so far. I am doing great, feeling even better, and have even retired some clothing that is now too big. I love this site and everyone on it. ((hugs)) Anyway, Halloween is my favorite holiday out of the year. My husband even proposed to me on Halloween. Each year I try to be creative and have an awesome costume. This year, I saw a cartoon and thought, that would make an excellent costume! This cartoon is the old, very over weight lady posting a reward for missing dog sign. Well, the dog is stuffed between her butt cheeks because she sat on it. Well, I put about 5 dollars into my costume, raided my grandma's belongings, and made an awesome costume. I put pillows and balloons down my pants and made a really huge butt and also balloons for some home made boobies. Yes, I said boobies. *snickers* This is where I had my wake up call. I had a walker and spent 4 hours in this costume. I kept running into items, had to walk side ways through doorways, and I can't believe how much I sweated! I had a blast though. The whole crowd loved me. I made out fliers to had out to everyone, and they just laughed and laughed when i walked away. It was funny, but I was just sooooo uncomfortable and hot. I thought to myself, I never want to get this big. It's down right embarrassing! I know that some people might call me horrible for acting fatter than I actually am, but I tell you, just walk a mile in those shoes and then you will know what a wake up call it really is. For those of you that have lost 100-200 lbs, I commend you. You are the bomb diggidy! We are all here for the same reason, to get healthier and live happier, no matter if we are losing 20 lbs or 200. To make a long story short, I ended up winning best overall at the costume contest. Here was this curvy, plump granny strutting her stuff and she beat out all the little skinny, barely there costume girly girls. This is a victory for every over-weight person out there. Some of those girls I wanted to let them borrow my hair net that was covering my curlers...because they were barely covered....down you know where. I am very curvy anyway and very overweight, but you have no idea how liberating this was for me to win over the skinny girls. If anyone is interested, I can post pictures. So, what did I learn from this? 1. I want to work hard and get down to a better weight. 2. I want to never have to be put into the position that I will feel uncomfortable just being around others just because of the space that I take up. 3. Secretly, society loves plump ladies that have a little cushion for the pushin...hahaha! 4. No matter what size we are, we all have the capability of being the life of the party, the star of the show, and if we put our heart and mind to it, we can accomplish anything. Have a happy Halloween everyone!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    That is too funny! And so true! LIKE~
  • paulagabay
    Options
    awesome way to go :)
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's way too funny!!!!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm THRILLED you beat the skinny girls with your costume!

It's amazing at how some things wake us up with what we don't want, where we've been, and what we've accomplished when we least expect it.
    Thank you for the story and the laughs:bigsmile:
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Yes, I want to see pictures!!! please post asap!!! And hysterical idea!!! Glad you had fun with it and WON!!!!
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pictures are added. Hope I do not offend anyone! It is all out of pure fun. :laugh:
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pics... :sad:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahahahahaha *snort* hahahahahahahaha! You NUT! That was HYSTERICAL! I heart your costume!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    great post! thnx for sharing.

and UGH i hate how some girls cannot be more creative than dressing like sluts for halloween. I know exactly what u mean.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Sounds like a blast.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!! GREAT pictures and thanks for the laugh!!!
  • vkpmusic
    Options
    WHERE ARE THE PICS AND WHY CAN'T I SEE THEM WHEN EVERYONE ELSE CAN!?!?!?!?!?! :grumble: :angry: :sad:
  • steppann
    Options
    Look at her pictures on her profile.

That was great. Love it and I HATE the slutty costumes but partly because I am jealous that I could never pull it off, but I wouldnt do it if I could.
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you click on my name, it goes to my profile. Under my profile picture it shows that I have 3 pictures available. Click on that and then it will show a larger picture up top with 3 smaller pictures under it. Click on the smaller pictures to get them to upload on top so you can see them better.
  • vkpmusic
    Options
    Those are GREAT! I love that cartoon, but I'd never have thought of turning it into a costume! Too creative!