Breakfast ideas

Options
LYL353
LYL353 Posts: 41 Member
Quick - Throw out some good breakfast ideas for me. ;)
I would like quick, easy, and delicious.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I am trying to limit carbs a bit (nothing extreme) too.

Thanks for any ideas!!!

Replies

• Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    greek yoghurt, fruit and honey
    cold meats and cheese
    eggs - scrambled, poached, omlette
    smoothie
    porridge (oatmeal) - carby but fills you up till lunch :)

anything that you like to eat - I sometimes have left over dinner for breakfast
  • catestevam
    catestevam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs
    Muller greek yogurt (honeyed apricot is my fav)
    Apple and some oatmeal
  • snowlover85
    Options
    I have switched over to oatmeal. I was eating Special K cereal, but was starving by lunch time. I found a website called Cooking Classy, she has a couple of different oatmeal recipes that have been awesome :D
  • chelseavanchilli
    chelseavanchilli Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    egg+egg white omelette (you'll get double the protein!) and I add spinach and shredded cheese, plus a side of ham
    greek yoghurt with nuts or a bit of muesli + strawberries, banana..
    scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and cottage cheese
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    grilled ham and cheese
    grilled bacon and egg
    french toast
    banana pancakes
    scrambled eggs with shrimp and veggies
    breakfast burritoes
    cereal with toast and bacon
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My breakfast everyday:
    Whole wheat bread (toasted)
    2 teaspoons of peanut butter, (or however much you like to put on there, that's just what I put)
    1 banana sliced on top
    Special K granola clusters sprinked on top

It's like dessert, but if you measure everything out, it can be low cal, and thoroughly, thoroughly, THOROUGHLY enjoyable.

:P
  • LYL353
    LYL353 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    All great ideas. Thank you!

I LOVE the oatmeal idea but my initial thought was the carbs in it. (Don't know what to do.... hummm.....)
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My breakfast everyday:

2 slice whole grain bread
    avocado
    tea
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I do a poached egg on toast with a little bit of butter (I count it as a pat) It is under 200 calories, filling, and I think, delicious
  • chelseavanchilli
    chelseavanchilli Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    DO oatmeal! I have it almost everyday for breakfast, and then keep it low carb (relatively) the rest of the day...it's just a matter of getting your meals organised!
    Oatmeal has endless options, and they're all so good! Apple-cinnamon, banana-chocolate, strawberries and shredded coconut, "carrot cake"oatmeal, peanut butter-banana, cherries and almonds...yumm!!
  • ElliSwan
    ElliSwan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I mix a protein shake with iced coffee every morning and sometimes add a banana or apple
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Nutella on Orowheat Multigran Bread
    with sliced bananas on top.

Its delicious and keeps you full
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ive been making a smoothie for myself everyday when im at the office - been very good for me! i brought my single-serve blender (from wal-mart) and keep it in the cupboard. heres what i use:

half a banana
    1 tbsp of PB2
    1 cup chocolate almond milk, unsweetened
    2 tbsp of vanilla protein powder
    1 cup spinach

its about 188 calories, according to the recipe builder. and it lasts me almost the whole morning! i sometimes have an apple around 1130 or so, but i usually have a late lunch.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    My weekday breakfast is always oatmeal - I make my own instant oatmeal "packets" with brown sugar and sugar free powdered coffee creamer. I take them to work and add some unsweetened almond milk, PB2 (chocolate or regular), cinnamon, and sometimes protein powder. Microwave for 2 minutes and you've got a nice serving of delicious, filling oatmeal.

My weekend breakfast when I eat at home is usually whole wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup. My husband doesn't like them because he says they taste too "healthy", so I make batches of them and freeze them so I don't have to cook every single weekends. Sometimes I'll make some scrambled eggs with cheese with a piece of buttered toast and turkey bacon as well. If I have to get breakfast on the run, it's almost always an egg white delight and fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonalds (400 calories).

Other ideas: homemade blueberry oatmeal muffins, a decent cereal that's not filled with sugar that will make you hungry 10 minutes later, frozen waffles with sugar free syrup, bagel thin with cream cheese...
  • swimgirlau
    swimgirlau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been getting a big vegie fix in my breakfasts recently. Cook some onions up (in coconut oil), then add some chopped tomatoes and mushrooms until they start to cook. Then add in a couple of good handfuls of spinach or dandelion greens (or your choice of green). Once thats wilted I add in 2 eggs (and an extra white if I think I need it) and finish the scramble. Its a big breakfast but mostly veg. Getting a lot of greens in early is good too! It's also under 300 calories (1 teaspoon of coconut oil).
    It's also quite quick! I can get it all done in the time it takes for the kettle to boil and my tea to be ready!
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Scambled eggs, you can add different things in if you get board mushrooms, ham etc.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating a flax seed flat bread with 2 tbs peanut butter and 2t jam on it. Like a way lighter version of a pbj sammich. Bonus, its super portable and I make it the night before.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Egg custard. Make it once and you can eat it for four days.

Granola or muesli with plain, low fat yogurt

Scrambled eggs with pears
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    These are all such good ideas! My breakfast this morning was an english muffin, although I usually don't eat breakfast in the morning. A couple days ago I had a mushroom omelet with 2 eggs. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast food for dinner, I love it!
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wake up hungry, breakfast is my favorite meal as well and I am on a low carb diet and I am loving it.

I love:

Low carb egg benedicts
    Spinach and goat cheese omelette
    Ham and cheese omelette (low fat or fat free cheese)
    Breakfast Wrap
    or Mexican low carb Beef and Spinach Casserole