Turning 40 and Fitness Challenge Ideas?

Options
Next year I reach this milestone and am looking for a realistic fitness challenge. I have two small children so a mountain climbing or any major traveling adventure isn't likley. I'm thinking along the lines of the following but would love some new ideas:

Open water swim race (4-6 miles)
Marathon
Half Ironman Triathlon

Not really creative, but realistic. I currently run about 25 miles a week but pre-kiddos I was a marathon runner and did half and full ironman triathlons.

thanks

Replies

• choppingv
    choppingv Posts: 2
    Options
    The big 40! I know that feeling.. My husband and I are 43 with 3 kids living the busy life.. We had the gym membership and trying to schedule outings but yes life gets in the way. Have you done any working out at home?
    With my families busy schedule we have found working out at home it lets everyone schedule their workouts according to their school,work,homework etc.
    I can give you some recommendations if your interested tailored to what you like... let me know
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and decided I would set my goal for 120 mile bike ride. I used to do that easily as a kid but in the 20-30 mile range now as I try to push my much heavier self along on the bike. If I can drop enough weight this summer it might be remotely possible but otherwise it's the thing I'll be chasing down next year.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Some playground fun; Human flag or back lever.