Found out Im pregnant, now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The usual rule of thumb is whatever you were doing before getting pregnant you may continue. Except for some of those high risk things. You should tell you Dr. your current activities and he'll let you know.

The more fit you are going into labor and delivery the better you'll get through it and the faster your recovery to normal weight and fitness levels.

Eating is a cinch. They have a chart with all the things you need, what you should limit/avoid and which have high, low and non fats. That makes it easy. Then if you can make a calendar chart for your fridge like I did to record your weight gain it will be easy to gain only within the required parameters.

Niner's right. Some women get all "eating for two! eating for two! lalalala!" Don't be that woman. It's not necessary or even logical. Be smart.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    The usual rule of thumb is whatever you were doing before getting pregnant you may continue. Except for some of those high risk things. You should tell you Dr. your current activities and he'll let you know.

The more fit you are going into labor and delivery the better you'll get through it and the faster your recovery to normal weight and fitness levels.

Eating is a cinch. They have a chart with all the things you need, what you should limit/avoid and which have high, low and non fats. That makes it easy. Then if you can make a calendar chart for your fridge like I did to record your weight gain it will be easy to gain only within the required parameters.

Niner's right. Some women get all "eating for two! eating for two! lalalala!" Don't be that woman. It's not necessary or even logical. Be smart.

Absolutely all of this, said far better than I could!

I was in the Army for my first, and did PT everyday til I delivered, and gained 30lbs. I was out with my DD and did the "eating for two! no excercise I'm pregnant!" thing and gained 70. Bounce back from each child was drastically different, too. I gradually lowered my intensity with my first, to accommodate a bouncing belly, trying not to get too overheated or raise my heart rate too far, under a doctor's care...YMMV.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months and still jogging not as fast but I am moving I am in the military so I got get back to post baby size after my son is born w/o excuses Still track what you eat and workout listen to your body and your dr. I was really tired and hungry my first trimester and pounds started sticking to me like glue. Now I am back eating right and working out I feel a ton better and I have energy just keep pushing even when it's hard. I was even recommend by my ob to keep a food journal to help slow down the weight gain and if u really think about it that's all mfp is a food journal. Add me if u like
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! In a normal, healthy pregnancy I don't see why not. Of course your doctor will guide you.
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Now /what? Eat Healthy balanced meals. as usual. Pregnancy is not an excuse to over eat. Remember. You want a heathy baby and a heathy Mommy too. You can still work out. ask your Dr. :smile:
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Now /what? Eat Healthy balanced meals. as usual. Pregnancy is not an excuse to over eat. Remember. You want a heathy baby and a heathy Mommy too. You can still work out. ask your Dr. :smile:

Yes don't do like I did and eat everything in sight because "I'm pregnant". My poor husband ran out and got me whatever I wanted because I was pregnant. Now I'm on a weight loss site. Just words of caution.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Stay healthy!