Marks and Spencers In Store Bakery

Options
I've jsut found a link to the nutritional content of all the amazing things on offer in the bakery. It is DEVASTATING!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/02/00/00/01/94/61/63/194616342.pdf

I could cry at how many calories are in my favourite things :-(

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think the same applies for most bakeries.

I just consider the quality and taste when weighing up if it's worth the hit in calories. ;)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered how people have been able to put these types of things in the database.

I'm a bit scared to look!

Edited to add: Oh my God! It's even worse than I was expecting!

Useful information, though. Thanks OP!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I shouldnt have looked! :sad:
  • sgvdms
    sgvdms Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If I liked pastry I'd eat all of these things pretty much regardless of the calorie content if I wanted to, log it and then adjust elsewhere.

nomnomnom
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Those 440 calories of lemon drizzle muffin are totally worth it anyway lol :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The labels on the bakery shelves have all the info on them, jam doughnut is your best bet. :love:
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Cheese and onion twist and foccacia slab - ohhhh nom a nom a nom

Not as bad as I was expecting - however, scary to think pre MFP I would have both of those AND a sausage roll *oinking*
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good thing. Look at it this way - knowledge is power. I hate when supermarkets don't publish the nutritional info of their bakery items. It makes me not want to buy them (which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending how you look at it...) With the info though, you can make an informed choice and if you really want something, plan for it and fit it into your diary.
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The labels on the bakery shelves have all the info on them, jam doughnut is your best bet. :love:

Zero bakery consumption is my best bet! I knew it would all be bad (because whoever invents zero calorie cake should win a Nobel prize) but i'm surprised at just how calorific some of the things are. And i've just shocked a work collegue who has snarfed a choc cookie and a maple pecan plait with how many calories they just chowed down!

I had a french apple tart (as its a colleagues birthday). 200 oh-so-worth-it calories. :devil:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Could be worse. I don't know the size of their pastries, but those tarts for 350ish calories is actually pretty good.
  • storyborey
    storyborey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm pleasently surprised!