how long can I expect to plateau for?

Options
I'm going on like the seventh week with no loss. I have changed my workout routine and had no luck. Then I ate more calories thinking maybe I wasnt eating enough and still no luck. No I'm just beyond frustrated. I work out five days a week usually doing 20 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I eat 1700 calories, weight 165.6 and I'm 21 and 5'7". I am still technically overweight so I just don't understand why nothing is changing. I'm not even losing inches! I measure and track everything I eat and I use a fitbit to track my exercise calories too, which I don't usually eat back. Am I not losing weight because I am gaining muscle or whar!? I am just so sick of this. I am going on three.months of this new weight loss journey with only a 9 pound loss!

Replies

• geigers1
    geigers1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am experiencing the same....three months a no change. I hope someone has a good idea out there!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Re-calulate.

I remained plateaued for as long as I sat around wondering what the hell was going on :huh: It sucked *kitten* :frown:
    I recalculated and moved my macros around a little, added kettlebell swings, and made a conscious effort to move more.

What worked for me would probably not work for you (T2D & keto etc.)

If not already weighing food, start. If not drinking as much water as you could, make an effort to do so.

Change up your exercise routine a little and if you indulge, watch the extra calories alcohol can add.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can expect to plateau for as long as you aren't eating in a deficit.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with calorie cycling (I think that's what it's called) in the past. I actually am now starting to lose again after a 3 week halt and I attribute it to switching up my calories. I usually eat around 1600-1700 and work out about 4-5 times a week...I also weigh absolutely everything and only measure liquids. Well, I strained a groin muscle last week and didn't really work out much for a week...I made sure to keep walking and did some upper body exercises but nothing to make me break a sweat. I also had a really busy weekend so I had a couple of days of only eating about 1400 calories but all other days I was back to normal as far as eating. I weighed myself yesterday and had lost 1/2 pound and then this morning another pound. I hope it stays this way but I know I had to switch up my calories in the past when trying to lose weight and it has worked. Usually a couple of low calorie days mixed with a couple of higher calorie days so that I meet a weekly calorie deficit more so than a daily. I hope that makes sense. :smile: Good luck!