What will you be eating for lunch?

Options
Ok I got breakfast down... Oatmeal or oatmeal with a banana :/ it will do for now.
I don't know what to eat for lunch and it's lunchtime. What do you like to eat for lunch on your regular days and cheat days? Any ideas for high fiber lunches?

Replies

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually eat baked chicken for lunch. It's either baked chicken with broccoli/sweet potato/couscous or in a salad.
  • 1974lynnette
    1974lynnette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work just around the corner from Harris Teeter. They have a great salad bar. Most of the time my salad is garden salad, grilled chicken, diced turkey, 2 hard boiled egg whites, a few bacon bits, croutons, & light italian dressing. I only fill up half the container & its around 300 calories. I get lots of protein from the meat & eggs & I'm ready for the rest of my work day.
  • amberjoy84
    amberjoy84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually do a light salad with grilled chicken and a homemade vinaigrette (light on the oil)
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I really like sandwhiches for lunch, chicken, hamburger, ham, etc. With a salad on the side, sometimes I just eat one big salad though cuz I suck at getting enough veggies.

However, I eat what I feel like, there are no regular and cheat days for me. Have what you want in the amount that fits your calories while paying attention to your macros.

Eat the foods you love, just watch how much you eat. If you know you lack protein everyday, try and eat a protein you like for lunch. If you know you don't eat many veggies, try and have a salad or a side salad with your lunch, etc. If you like having a hostess cupcake for lunch, have at it, just try and have adequate macro/micro food later/early in the day.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Today for me I'll be having spinach salad with salmon!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Burger King for me.
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner: Turkey Meat loaf and sweet potato

I try to make enough dinner to always have leftovers for lunch that is packed the night before so I can just grab and go (calories already calculated and logged), otherwise I have a sandwich. For me it is about calories so b-fast is 300-400 calories, lunch is about 500 and dinner is 500 and then snacks. I eat 1600 calories a day.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My days really vary...today I am going to the little café at Sam's Club (LOL) with my dad and having the ginormous
    slice of pizza that's actually two slices, along with a gigantic Diet Dr. Pepper.

Just to prove I don't always eat Sam's Club pizza at noon ;-)...yesterday for lunch I ate a spiral string cheese and a huge plate of Organic Girl greens with tuna, onion, cashews, dried cranberries & carrots.
  • missladyj631
    missladyj631 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I meal plan so I make my meals over the weekend for the week. That way I'm always prepared :) This week I make turkey burgers and broccoli and cauliflower for lunch :)
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bring my lunch to work every day, so today is going to be a tuna sandwich, a hard egg and strawberries for snack.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Never the same thing. Today was pasta with meat sauce and turkey meatballs... yesterday was chicken, veggie burger and veggies.
  • Serlesy
    Serlesy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let's see for today my lunch is leftover shrimp scampi that I made for dinner last night along with a chicken wrap that I made this morning. However I don't really want any of this today but I was in a rush this morning and didn't have time to prepare a salad. :-(
  • kindel2
    kindel2 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf sounds interesting and good. I'll have to give that a try. My mom use to always make meatloaf, ill make its healthier cousin at some point.
  • ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually pack a simple lunch of turkey meatballs, veggies and fruits but today the company is having a lunch meeting and we can expense whatever we want so I'm getting a Beet & Fennel salad with shaved shallots and goat cheese
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I have ramen a lot, or a small bowl of a pasta. It gives me the energy I need for the day and if im smart about it the calories dont have to be very bad lol. On cheat days, pizza is a go to, but I dont really do cheat days.
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I made a small veggie lasagna last night and boxed up lunch for the week. I incuded a salad.
  • QuirkySelf
    QuirkySelf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I am having spinach salad with leftover diced pork chop, celery and apple.
  • tor331
    tor331 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My random lunch: turkey lunch meat with mustard, carrots with laughing cow cheese, pickles, and a string cheese! My snack later will be a nectarine and kale chips...yum!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    At work I have to eat easy foods that I can keep in my desk drawer. Today's breakfast was an English muffin, and lunch is a Nature Valley Greek yogurt protein bar in mixed berry flavor, and Campbell's soup at hand (I can drink it!) in chicken and stars flavor, only 60 cals for the whole container!

Snack later will probably be, umm...maybe I'll actually treat myself to chicken nuggets and a protein shake if I can fit them into my calories and still be able to eat a nice big healthy dinner. Probably not lol.
  • wantypants
    wantypants Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tend to make some sliced chicken breasts on the George Forman grill and do different flavours and spices each day to keep it interesting and a tub of flaked tuna.