How much sleep do you get?

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
Ok, so I wanted to get an idea of how many hours most need or are getting to not be dead tired the next day. The reasoning is because it seems no matter how hard I try and get more sleep I end out being so tired and not wanting to get outta bed to work out at 5am and I try and sleep till the very last second. Then I always feel beat and I can even just sit in my car at lunch and close my eyes and fall asleep. I try and get about 6 or 7 hours. I would get attempt to get more but getting home between 530 and 600 and then cooking, feeding, and putting to bed a 4 year old and then prepping for the next day I am not left with much time. So basically I plan to get up at 5am to workout, then get ready for work and be there by 8am. Then I get off at 5pm and depending on if I have my daughter like I said get home around 530 or 6pm. So how much sleep do you all usually attempt to get with your busy lives? I also ask cause my man is having a little bit of problem that we have separate sleeping patterns. I am not tired as early as he is and he gets up earlier than I and easier than I. He gets upset that I “love sleep so much” in his words. I know this seems like a strange question but I was just curious. :tongue: :happy: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    i can function just about on 4 hours sleep but if i do it for more than 3 days i need a good catch up sleep to make myself be able to stop walking into things. usually i manage about 6 hours sleep but at the minute that is interrupted by our 4 month old waking up in the middle of our sleep.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    i can function just about on 4 hours sleep but if i do it for more than 3 days i need a good catch up sleep to make myself be able to stop walking into things. usually i manage about 6 hours sleep but at the minute that is interrupted by our 4 month old waking up in the middle of our sleep.

My 11 month old still wakes up...I hope it changes soon though! lol

I've been functioning for the past 13-14 months (late pregnancy meant my wife had to get up all the time to pee) with about 5 hours of very interrupted sleep.

Some days I feel ok, but mostly just tired...it doesn't help having Obsctructive Sleep Apnea either, but your body learns to adjust as long as you are having consistent sleeps and you get the odd nap in here or there uninterrupted...at least mine has...

Since I started working out last week I have felt a little less tired though.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    8 hours. Anywhere from 7-10 works for me but a solid eight is necessary. I typically sleep from 10 pm to 6 am like it's my job.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 hours.