I just have one thing to say...

I have been on MFP for several months and to date I have lost 60 pounds.. and although I am not an active poster (due to the fact I am still learning how to lose weight etc and don't have the knowledge to give someone else)...I have read many , many posts and responses on here. Many posts have answered questions I myself had and some comments have gave me new thought to things I didn't even think could be a possibility. So for that really, I want to thank posters and the people who comment on some great topics. You all take time out of your day to help others achieve their goals and for someone like me that had a big weight loss journey it has been a tremendous help.

So thank you all for your wise words and amazing advice you have given through the many months i've been here :)

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Ah, good for you! How nice to see someone see the positive and appreciate it and say so.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I am glad to read this.

Sometimes those who give advice get to feeling like why bother...and this post demonstrates why.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    I am glad to read this.

Sometimes those who give advice get to feeling like why bother...and this post demonstrates why.

^^^^^This^^^^^

See we are nice :drinker:

OP huge congrats on your weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    I agree! I don't post on the forums much either, but I am very thankful for all of the knowledge that is shared by those who know what they are doing. Thanks everyone!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,246 MFP Moderator
    Its nice to read a positive review of the help people attempt to give. OP, thanks to you. :)
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    I agree as well. I don't often post but love the information.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,447 Member
    This has been my experience exactly! I so appreciate the folks who day in and day out share their knowledge on the forums. :flowerforyou:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Ha! I just posted something similar. :smile: There's good people here! :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Me too, I want to thank everyone that is helpful and knowledgable too.

and I too just have one thing to say...

hB390281F

congrats on reaching your goals...now werk it!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Great Post - Good Job OP!:flowerforyou:
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Wonderful, thanks for the post. There is a wealth of information on the forums, you just have to weed out the nonsense.

I am also glad to see you post "due to the fact I am still learning how to lose weight etc and don't have the knowledge to give someone else" There's a whole LOT of folks on here who don't let lack o knowledge stop them from giving advice, which is VERY dangerous at times, BUT MFP is free so we take what we get and leave the rest, right :smile:

Congrats on the AWESOME LOSS!:happy:
  • Boosier3
    Boosier3 Posts: 57 Member
    Great post, OP! I don't post on the boards much either, BUT I have gathered such valuable information from those that do post regularly. I attribute most of my weight loss to learning about TDEE and to weigh everything! Feeling the best I have in years!
    Thanks all!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    I agree, I see more good than bad happening. I have learned so much from reading posts and searching for topics I need answered. I spend a lot of time going "wow - I didn't know that".
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    @skippy - That is like a glass 3/4 full - Yes! :flowerforyou:
    I agree, I see more good than bad happening. I have learned so much from reading posts and searching for topics I need answered. I spend a lot of time going "wow - I didn't know that".
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    At first I was like: Oh, no, another mean people thread.

Then I was like: Oh, what a wonderfully pleasant surprise!

Finally, I was like: Self, stop using like incorrectly.

Great sentiment, OP. :drinker: Very refreshing.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    :drinker:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    OP we love you
    thanks for sharing, and best to you for your amazing loss.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: MFP
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    I feel the same way as well. I don't post much because even though I've been logging for almost a year I still feel like I don't have enough experience to give solid advice ^^;

But can I tell you what a relief it is to see so many well informed posts about every subject imaginable? It has made my journey that much easier and I really feel like I better understand myself and how my body works.

I'm a researcher at heart so I don't comment often but I READ. I read and read and read a lot of post on here every day just to see what people go through. I finally feel better about myself in terms of what I eat. I may not exercise all the time, but at least I'm active and try to do something instead of sit on my butt. I may not eat 100% unprocessed all the time, but I give myself treats and work them into my day so I don't feel like I am depriving myself. I also may not lose when I expect to lose, but I can at least understand that it maybe water retention or something to that effect all because of the wonderful posts on here.

It's all because of you, MFPers, that post all the time and offer your wisdom. For that, I would like to thank you ^-^ cheers! :drinker:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Its nice to read a positive review of the help people attempt to give. OP, thanks to you. :)

+1
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Me too, I want to thank everyone that is helpful and knowledgable too.

and I too just have one thing to say...

hB390281F

congrats on reaching your goals...now werk it!

lol when I read the title of this post that's EXACTLY what came to mind. Nice!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    ny.gif