I need some healthy GOOD recipes

iamstronger247
iamstronger247 Posts: 47
edited September 22 in Recipes
who has any they're whilling to share with me??? nothing that's hard to make or takes a lot of ingredients. preferably something with portobello muchrooms? chicken??? anything :)

Thanks in Advance!
:bigsmile:

Replies

• heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Here is a great reciepe with portobellos. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/portobello_philly_cheese_steak_sandwich.html
    That website is really great!!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Here is a fun healthy treat recipe. Apple Pancake.

Ingredients:
    1 small apple
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    2 packets of Stevia (artificial sweetener)
    Pancake Mix
    *Sugar-free syrup

Directions:
    Finely chop apple, add cinnamon, Stevia, and just enough pancake mix (mixed per the instructions on the box) to coat the apple. Make like a regular pancake and serve with a little sugar-free syrup.

*If you only use 3 Tbsp of pancake batter, it would NOT constitute a 'starch.'
  • tigertchr23
    A healthy dip for fruit . . . to change it up a bit.

Ingredients:
    1 Tbs virgin coconut oil
    1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
    Stevia (artificial sweetener)

Directions:
    Heat coconut oil, cocoa powder, and Stevia (to taste) in a small sauce pan. Dip fruit in the sauce and enjoy.

Variation:
    Place chocolate dip on parchment/wax paper and freeze. You can also add a small amount of nuts or flavor extracts to make chocolate bark.
  • tigertchr23
    Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe -- Perfect for Thanksgiving

Prep Time: 15 minutes to prepare and cook

Ingredients:
    1 3/4 cup (1 small can) of pumpkin
    2 eggs
    1 cup of fat free milk
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1 cup no calorie sweetener (one that measures like sugar- I used Stevia in the Raw)

Directions:
    Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Beat with a wire whisk to mix. Put in microwave uncovered. Cook on high for 8-10 min, depending on the power of your microwave -- checking the pie 1/2 way through. Pie is done when the edges start to pull away from the sides just a little, and a knife inserted in the middle doesn't quite come out clean. Take out of microwave and cover bowl with a plate for about 5 minutes to finish cooking the center. Cut into 6 pieces, like you would a pie. Serve warm or cold. Makes 6 servings. *I would suggest a dap of whipped cream on the top*

Per serving: Calories 62, Carbs 7g, Sugars 4.3g, Protein 4.6g, Fat 1g, Fiber 3g.
  • tigertchr23
    Portobello Mushroom Burger from Mayo Clinic:

Dietitian's tip:
    The meaty-textured portobello mushroom is the perfect stand-in for a hamburger. One portobello mushroom has about 30 calories and no fat or cholesterol. By comparison, a 3-ounce hamburger patty has 235 calories, 16 grams of fat and 76 milligrams of cholesterol.

By Mayo Clinic staff

Serves 4
    Ingredients
    4 large portobello mushroom caps, 5 inches in diameter
    1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup water
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 whole-wheat buns, toasted
    (*I would suggest these: http://www.naturesownbread.com/NAT_Varieties/Variety.cfm?CategoryID=126&ProductID=26)
    4 slices tomato
    4 slices red onion
    2 bibb lettuce leaves, halved

Directions
    Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove their stems. Place in a glass dish, stem (gill) side up.

To prepare the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning mushrooms once.

Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.

Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning often, until tender, about 5 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade to keep from drying out. Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a plate.

Place each mushroom on a bun and top with 1 tomato slice, 1 onion slice and 1/2 lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Analysis(per serving) Serving size: 1 portobello mushroom burger
    Calories 283 Cholesterol 0 mg
    Protein 8 g Sodium 140 mg
    Carbohydrate 46 g Fiber 9 g
    Total fat 9 g Potassium 134 mg
    Saturated fat 1 g Calcium 203 mg
    Monounsaturated fat 5 g
  • tigertchr23
    I made this last night and it was good. I added it to the myfitnesspal database. You should be aboe to find it if you type in Homemade Chicken and Apple Stew, I think.

BTW . . . I cooked the chicken and spices together and then threw the broth, cider, vinegar in a crock pot. Once the chicken was done I threw it in the Crock Pot too then set it on high for 3 hours. The recipe suggests otherwise . . . but I didn't have a lot of time. Hope these help!

Apple Chicken Stew By: Carol Mathias

Customize Recipe Kitchen-friendly View Prep Time:
    10 MinCook Time:
    4 Hrs Ready In:
    4 Hrs 10 Min

Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
    Ingredients
    4 medium potatoes, cubed
    4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
    1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
    1 celery rib, thinly sliced
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
    2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
    2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
    1 large tart apple, peeled and cubed
    1 1/4 cups apple cider or apple juice
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1 bay leaf
    Minced fresh parsley

Directions
    1.In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, onion and celery. Combine salt, thyme, pepper and caraway; sprinkle half over vegetables. In a skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned; transfer to slow cooker. Top with apple. Combine apple cider and vinegar; pour over chicken and apple. Sprinkle with remaining salt mixture. Top with bay leaf.
    2.Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
  • tigertchr23
    If you like the taste of peanut butter, I just tried making this one tonight. I added it to the food diary database under "Homemade Yam and Peanut Soup."

Yam and Peanut Soup

Prep: 20 min.
    Cook Time: 30 min.
    Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
    3 cups peeled, sliced yams or sweet potatoes (about 1 pound)
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
    4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
    1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Optional: Chopped peanuts; Snipped fresh chives (both for garnish - I just threw a little fresh parsley for it to look pretty)

1. In large saucepan, cook yams or sweet potatoes, onion, and celery in hot butter over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer 1/2 of the mix into a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover; process or blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture.

2. Transfer mixture back to large saucepan. Add peanut butter and pepper. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until combined and heated through.

3. To serve, ladle into soup bowls. If desired, sprinkle chopped peanuts and/or chives, and season with additional pepper.

Nutrition Facts (per serving): 133 calories, 11g total fat; 11mg cholesterol; 483mg sodium; 4g carbs; 6g protein
This discussion has been closed.