1200 calorie daily allowance and feeling hungry :(

Options
12346»

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    200 calories is a 16.66667% difference when using 1200 as a baseline. That's a rather liberal tolerance level for someone claiming to be in accounting.

Again, no need to attack me personally. 16% of 1200 is less than two tablespoons of peanut butter, which is close enough for me when it comes to calorie counting, which can never be exact without metabolic testing. I'm not upset here and I'm not sure why you continue to insult my intelligence. Take a deep breath and see if you can post without the constant (edited out) snark which I was able to read. I'm happy with my loss, I did it in a safe and healthy manner, and I'm hoping to be able to help someone in a similar situation do the same.

OP, I'm sorry this got so pedantic. Like I said, I know what it's like and I hope my original suggestions are helpful to you. I'll reiterate that if you're going to stick with a 1200 goal, it's really important you pay attention to your nutrition and get enough fat and protein as well as the vitamins and minerals your body needs.

I'm gonna leave this alone now. OP, feel free to send me a message or add me a friend. I'm nice, honestly.

Noting that you find an over 16% variance as acceptable is not a personal attack or insulting your intelligence. It is citing an observation which you just said is "close enough."
  • cooi
    cooi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You really might want to track your macronutrients. It could be that you're not getting enough fat/protein... which keep you full and help keep your muscles as you lose weight.

Use this to calculate your targets: iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This feed gives me the dumbs.

Eat more!

1200 is ridiculous...for any weight loss plan.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Eat more!

:huh: eyeroll
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I've never kept a food diary before and I'm shocked to see how quickly the calories add up. Anyone have any tips on how to stay satiated on 1200 cal/day diet?

With 8 lbs to go, I'll bet you switch your diet loss goal to a reasonable level and you'll survive much better.

Switch to 1/2 lb weekly, which is only a 250 cal deficit.

Are you also following the MFP method, that base level of calories is for non-exercise days - just normal daily activity (really sedentary desk job/commute for 45 hrs weekly?).
    On exercise days you burn more, so take off the same deficit - you eat more.

And losing just 1/2 lb of fat a week is decent volume even if not weight.

But would you rather the weight be muscle mass?
  • budobo
    budobo Posts: 38
    Options

Eat more!

Your response gives me the rage.

1200 is suitable for certain sedentary people.
    Noting that you find an over 16% variance as acceptable is not a personal attack or insulting your intelligence. It is citing an observation which you just said is "close enough."

16% is large when you're talking money; however when you're already changing your diet plans by a 29.4% decrease (1200 cal plan for 1lb/week fat loss), a flex of 16% still keeps you far below your goal
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Eat more!

1200 is appropriate for some......morbidly obese women can lose weight aggressively (and keep muscle) - petite, senior women may have really low BMR's and need to reduce to 1200 calories for any kind of deficit.

But OP - fits in neither category - 26 YO / 8 pounds to go......sedentary or not, 1200 is too low
  • friendthegirl
    Options
    Eat filling foods, foods with a lot of fiber and protein. I moved my calories up to 1330, but I tend to go lower. I did 1200 and wasn't hungry but I made sure almost everything I put in my mouth was filling.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    bump