Xbox Kinect & Fitness

Options
Anyone here going to get the new Kinect for Xbox? I think I may in a couple of days when it comes out and will make that my early Christmas present to myself. After watching a teaser trailer for the new fitness game, Your Shape, I really want to try it out! It's amazing, and seems much better than anything Wii has put out, almost like the next generation in cyber/gaming fitness!
Lol, my Wii may have to start collecting dust while my Kinect gets a "workout"! I don't really care about the other games except a couple of kiddie ones for my son like the Kinectimals which is really cute... I'm interested in the fitness game. To me, anything that makes working out fun is A+++ in my book! Oh well, don't want to ramble, just wanted to see if there is anyone else going to try Your Shape out for the Xbox Kinect! :)

Replies

• DanL66712
    Options
    There is a lot of scepticism out there about Kinect. I'd be careful. A leaked copy of the manual which can be found here:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/05/entire-kinect-manual-photographed-play-distances-power-details-more/

details all the possible issues, including the fact that you will need 10 feet of space, to tie your hair back, have an uncluttered space (including mats, tables etc) and if it still doesn’t pick you up, it suggests you change your clothes so you clash with the background and can be found more easily.
  • Mandy_RTGB
    Options
    We are getting it! I can't wait! I don't really workout with my Wii anyway so I don't know how much I will do with the Kinect. But oh well. Hubby is just happy about the 4 GB 360 we have coming to us lol
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'll bite. I was talking about buying one for some games, so yeppers!
    jac
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    Cool! Maybe we can start a Kinect fitness club! I'm getting Your Shape for sure, but there's also The Biggest Loser fitness game out there for Kinect as well! Then I'm definitely getting Dance Central as well b/c it counts your cals while you dance! Not too shabby me thinks. :)

@Dan Oh and I will look at the article you posted as well, thanks!
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I got a sneak peek (due to where I work) at this product and it's great. The sports games were fun and provided a lot of exercise. I understand the usual skepticism and usually I'm one to do the same. However I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Kinect!
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    I got a sneak peek (due to where I work) at this product and it's great. The sports games were fun and provided a lot of exercise. I understand the usual skepticism and usually I'm one to do the same. However I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Kinect!

Oh how exciting! I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but hopefully will tomorrow at Best Buy!