Have you ever...

Options
ASKyle
ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
...suddenly been grossed out by foods you enjoy? I eat a lot of chicken breasts, but today at lunch I ate half, started gagging and had to throw the rest out. This happened last year with Greek yogurt that I normally like. Is this weird? Is it a texture thing? Maybe I need more variety?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I usually just get bored not really grossed out. My husband was eating bananas like crazy and I couldn't keep them in the house but then he just stopped. You probably just need to to eat something different and then try again later.
  • misdreagus
    misdreagus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Where you thinking about where the chicken comes from or anything? ><
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Where you thinking about where the chicken comes from or anything? ><

It comes from an egg and then fate brings it to ma tummy
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    ...suddenly been grossed out by foods you enjoy? I eat a lot of chicken breasts, but today at lunch I ate half, started gagging and had to throw the rest out. This happened last year with Greek yogurt that I normally like. Is this weird? Is it a texture thing? Maybe I need more variety?

Some people just can't take it all.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    yes i have. like before my diet i had an arby's kick for like a month or so and another time for about a month or so also had a subway kick and both times after those time frames(different months) i couldn't stand hearing about arby's or subway for months because i would feel sick. and i did that with chicken before and like pizza before too. I think it happens because we don't put more variety into our diet. I think we should just get more veggies or a nice healthy steak in there instead of chicken chicken chicken. lol or a turkey burger or something other then chicken.
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have! By chicken no less. I can eat small amounts of it now and again, but never could go back to eating it the way I used to. I can eat chicken nuggets, because they aren't really chicken. But I have a hard time eating real chicken. Every few months I cook it, eat about half, and then have to stop. I'm pretty sure its a texture thing for me, I hit a "gross" part and I have to stop. If I manage to miss them then I'm all good.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    You got tired of eating a basically flavorless piece of meat that is often over cooked? Surely you Jest!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken for lunch everyday and I have it 3 times a week at dinner. It doesn't bother me. I can eat some foods day in and day out. My wife doesn't understand it either. I would try and change it up a bit. Grilled chicken is different than baked or even fried in olive oil. You can change spices or different vegetables to go with it.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Well aren't you all hilarious.

1. No vegetarian agendas here, please.

2. I almost always grill it, using different marinades and spices. And I have a meat thermometer so it never overcooks

3. Steak and turkey it is!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I get like this with bananas. I'll love them, eat them every day, then they'll suddenly I can't finish a whole banana without gagging (insert jokes here). I'll be like that for a day or two and then I'm totally fine with bananas again. Really weird.