Appetite Suppressents

Options
Anyone taking a good appetite suppressent that works, is NOT doctor prescribed, and does NOT cost a small fortune? Also, I need it to give me a boost so I can make the most out of working out. Anything would help, thank you!

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Crystal - unfortunately suppressents don't work. How many calories are you allowing yourself daily? Maybe you need to add some. You might want to change the foods you are eating as well. For instance I have egg beaters, 1/2 slice cheese on a whole wheat english muffin and an apple for breakfast. It fills me up and is only 250 calories! For lunch I may have tuna w/low fat mayonaise on lettuce - again I'm full and low caloric intake. Good luck. Please don't look at the quick solutions, they don't work!! We didn't gain this weight overnight; it's not going to go away overnight. Also, this is a life-long healthy eating journey. If you're looking to go on a diet for 6 months and then decide oh good I lost the weight and go back to the way you used to eat; you will gain it all back and some.....
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    I love my Green Tea with Hoodia....it really helps get rid of my mid morning munchies! i take it in the morning with my vitamin and omega-3. And just an FYI that you can pass on....Docs aren't prescribing app suppressants much longer, they are being taken off the market due to heart attacks. My Doc recommended Metabolite......used to be metabolife, but they took out the bad stuff that caused the heart attacks (like in the prescription ones (like Meridia), so now they call it metabolite.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Willpower is the best one I can think off. And its free!!!
  • mistymonroe
    Options
    coffee, coffee, coffee. alternate with water if you get shaky, but both keep you feeling full. It's my go to at 10 and 2 when I think I might die if I don't get a snack.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps me now is PGX - it's just fibre. It's pretty pricey but I don't take it every day - I take it on days when I feel really ravenous for no apparant reason. It helps me feel full for a long time. Odd thing is..when I first took it, it didnt work at all. I tried it again a year later and it works!
  • hilowa
    Options
    I was on a doctor supervised strict caloric diet before and i noticed two things: 1) I didnt lose as much weight as I should have been losing or at the rate that I should have been losing it. 2) I was STARVING all the time. When I went back to the doctor for reassessment and told him these things, he told me to up my caloric intake by 300 calories. I spaced them out and it actually worked. I ended up not being hungry all the time and I started losing the weight right away. I hope this helps some:0) Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey!:smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and several other spices are natural appetite suppressants with no risk of bad side effects.

Also, dark chocolate -- it is very healthy and a little goes a long way and is an appetite suppressant.

Oh, and hot beverages. Some hot tea with a little honey will get you over a hump between meals.