Did you set milestones?

Options
I'm just wondering did anyone set milestones and what were they? More importantly what did you do to celebrate when you finally achieved each milestone?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I've set a few, but I've never reached them within the time frame I marked out.

1. Lose 100# in the first year (lost 92#).
    2. Get down to 170# in year two (hit 182#).
    3. Get down to 140# this year (only lost 5# so far).
    4. Alternate goal for this year is to get into the overweight category on BMI (156#).
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have one milestone between my SW and GW and it is around the half way mark (To be lighter than my partner) When I reach it, my reward will be to go get my hair done.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yes I set little ones. Looking at having to lose 121 lbs seemed overwhelming. So I set lose 10 lbs, lose 25, lose 28.4 (10%of myself) etc. I don't set time limits.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    originally I did have goals set. My goal was 140 lbs. When I hit it I celebrated by deciding to lose more weight lol
  • stevensdaniel717
    Options
    I just hit the 25 lb mark after 40 days!!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I set my first goal for 20 lbs down. I get a pedicure. Last time I set goals I made sure not to use food as a reward.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    My only goal between starting and the end is to be below 200 by my birthday. It's at the end of September and I'm about 20 pounds away from it now.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have never set any date milestones. But from the start I set goals for myself to lose 10% of my weight at a time. In all I have 7 goals to meet. I've met 5 so far. I really didn't think about and haven't rewarded myself. Just accomplishing the goals has been satisfaction for me. But I really like that MFP tells you what you will weigh in 5 weeks if you continue your eating plan and exercise. So far, it's been pretty much on track. I find myself thinking ... no way will I weigh that in a month or so ... but then the 5 weeks go back, and sure enuf, I'm there or within a pound or so. Amazing.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yep -- I have set rewards for every 25lbs down, and I have a goal weight reward as well as a maintain-for-six-months goal. It helps keep me motivated.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    One goal, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooots of milestones. Lost five pounds, lost 5% bodyweight, walked a WHOLE mile, walked one mile in under fifteen minutes...

The milestones were frequent and -just- outside my capabilities when I made them.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My current mini-goal is to loose a total of 20 pounds between 4/28 (last time I did measurements with my trainer) and 6/30 (when we will do them again). That will be a total of 85 pounds lost since starting all of this the week before Halloween of last year, assuming I make that goal. I am pretty hopeful about getting there, since I have already lost 13 within that time-frame. Another 7 pounds by the end of the month should be very do-able for me.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goal was to be 150 by my birthday. My birthday is Saturday and as of this morning I was 151. Down 17 pounds, 8 more and I'll be pre-pregnancy weight! I'm rewarding myself with cake on Saturday ;)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yep, but I didn't set any dates and didn't buy myself any rewards for them

Under 200 - June 16, 2013 ✓
    From obese to overweight BMI (197) - June 26, 2013 ✓
    Halfway to goal (186) - August 11, 2013 ✓
    50lbs lost! (172) - October 24, 2013 ✓
    Healthy BMI! (164) - December 16, 2013 ✓
    75lbs lost (147) - May 12, 2014 ✓
    Goalweight (TBD) -
  • Caper88
    Options
    I love hearing about everyone milestone goals. Congrats to everyone who has accomplished their milestones so far :)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    After my daughter was born, I set a goal to be 145 by my birthday. I picked that because 145 was the lowest weight I had hit since joining MFP, before I got off track. (I was 159 when I got pregnant.) My birthday was also the day my daughter turned 4 months old.

Then the weight fell off faster than I expected, so I stopped worrying about it, and forgot about my goal. So I was 146 on my birthday. I think that's ok. :P

Now my goal is to get my husband to walk 5k. I have no idea how long that will take, so I'm not setting a date. We'll get there when we get there. :D
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yes, I set four goals for this year.

Get out of the obese bmi category. Check.
    Weigh 150 lbs by my friends wedding in August.
    Weigh less than my husband who is also losing weight.
    Weigh 135 lbs by the end of the year.

Didn't do anything to celebrate the first milestone, but plan on buying new clothes and a nice dress for the second. Need think of a way to celebrate my final goal at the end of the year.
  • Caper88
    Options
    I didn't like the idea of setting time goals because I new I would get frustrated and disappointed if I didn't meet them.
    Thanks dollhands for posting the day you achieved the goal. I'm totally going to steal this idea because I never thought about keeping track.

Mine are
    1)To get out of the 200's so to lose 57lb - still have 30 more to go
    2)To finish 30day shred - on day 13 of 30
    3)To finish c25k program - just started

My reward for meeting my first goal is to get pictures taken by photographer John Ratchford. Normally I hate getting my picture taken because of the way I look.
  • brianpride
    brianpride Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm just recently back on the wagon but my first goal is get down to 250 pounds. That'll be a little over 20 pounds lost. After that I want to be down to 225 by my birthday (8/18).

I'll get to celebrate by tossing out my 40" and then my 38" pant sizes.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes my milestones are getting out of a set of numbers for instance moving from the 220s to the 210s. Also I have milestones with being able to do certain physical activities like running a 5K or swimming 200 yards. Then I have other less tangible goals like being able to wear a watch without purchasing more links and getting into jeans that I could wear 8 years ago that are pinned to my bedroom wall.