Meh...

Options
Maybe I'm lazy or maybe I don't want it enough but I've be bouncing in between the same 5 pounds for a little less than a year. I've been pigging out hardcore for the past two days and I'm pretty sure I've gained back the two pounds I lost. I am a stress eater and It's a difficult week. Anyone have any advice to stop emotional eating and getting motivated once and for all?

Replies

• Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!!

Sorry you have had a difficult week and you eat as a result of these stresses, my best advice to you to help would be to seek assistance in sorting out the underlying psychological reasons you are reacting in this way. Everyone has a reaction to stress, the only difference is in how they respond.

Maybe with some counselling and insight you will be able to find a better place emotionally from which to deal with life.....in the long run we often use food either over-eat or denial in an attempt to exert a feeling of control on a difficult life patch, but it can cause us problem health wise and doesn't do anything to solve the underlying true cause of the issue for us.

Best of Luck
    K

Just had a look at your profile you are young.....and it's tough being a teenager. I remember those times way back :ohwell: .....don't leave these feelings till later, if at all a problem, regret sucks.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have had a difficult week and you eat as a result of these stresses, my best advice to you to help would be to seek assistance in sorting out the underlying psychological reasons you are reacting in this way. Everyone has a reaction to stress, the only difference is in how they respond.

This is very good advice, coming to terms with whatever emotional issues that you have that underly this behaviour is really the only long term solution :flowerforyou: