Water!

Options
Does anyone have any tips on how they drink the total eight glasses of water? In order to be healthier, I would really like to drink more. However, I have always found it plain and tasteless, and I usually only end up drinking four glasses. Any help?:huh:

Replies

• jthomps123
    jthomps123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Work up a sweat! It tastes great then :)
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    The bottle label trick... Get a large bottle and add hashmarks for each hour of the day. Make it your goal to get to each mark by the noted hour.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been buying those mio water enhancers or you can soak fruit in the water to make it taste better. Tea
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Infuse it! Lemon and cucumber, pineapple and coconut, melon and mint. I bought a set of infuser pitchers at Costco, and I carry a water bottle wth me everywhere I go.

You can also eat water-rich foods, like jello, celery, watermelon... that all counts, too.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    Infuse it! Lemon and cucumber, pineapple and coconut, melon and mint. I bought a set of infuser pitchers at Costco, and I carry a water bottle wth me everywhere I go.

You can also eat water-rich foods, like jello, celery, watermelon... that all counts, too.

I never thought of that! Thank you!
  • PennyVonDread
    Options

I never thought of that! Thank you!

Here! I started with these as a reference guide, infused alkaline water recipes:

http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/2013/05/16/make-alkaline-water-delicious/
  • sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Work up a sweat! It tastes great then :)
    ^^this
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Try to get your water in things like smoothies and fruit as well! Also, what helps me is to force myself to drink 2 cups of water before breakfast.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    4 is fine.

The 8 glasses includes water in food and other beverages. Coffee, milk, vegetables, even bread -- it all counts.

http://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/news/2002_h2/08aug2002_water.shtml
  • StevenH74
    StevenH74 Posts: 129
    Options
    I fill up four or five bottles in the morning, stick em in the fridge and try to get through them in the day. I ilke to above mentioned idea of setting times to drink by though.
  • ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The colder the better for me, ifi can't add ice I fill the water bottle and put in the frig until almost frozen then drink. Wonderful.
  • KillaKaliKrackerKilla
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit? Not enough to count for anything, and trying to get a good source of water from a smoothie is just as ridiculous as it sounds, where do you plan on getting it from the ice? Being most smoothies base are some type of milk or yogurt, if you drink them every day you will definitely gain weight! That being said if you want a good source of water the best place to get it from is guess what "WATER" you just need to get used to it and try your hardest not to drink the rest of the things that are bad for you like soda and juices. Plus dont forget the benefits to drinking water instead of, soda juice, or "smoothies" lol which are packed with sugars and calories remember water has absolutely no calories or sugars ( thats why you should never add anything to your water) so think about that next time your drinking something other then water that alone should help it taste better, if that doesn't do it all I can offer is, ice cold water, Ice cold water can be alote more refreshing then water at room temperature plus try exerciseing, any type of exercise will make your body crave water and want to down water with no problem hope this helps and good luck on you healthy life choice the first step is trying
  • PennyVonDread
    Options
    Dont listin to anyone here that is telling you to put artificial flavors in your water, or to try and get you water from other sources like fruits or smoothies which is absolutely ridiculous, for one fruits dont have enough water in them and will not help you at all for a water source unless your stranded on a deserted island! You need gallons of water a day now how much of that do you think you will get from a fruit? Not enough to count for anything, and trying to get a good source of water from a smoothie is just as ridiculous as it sounds, where do you plan on getting it from the ice? Being most smoothies base are some type of milk or yogurt, if you drink them every day you will definitely gain weight! That being said if you want a good source of water the best place to get it from is guess what "WATER" you just need to get used to it and try your hardest not to drink the rest of the things that are bad for you like soda and juices. Plus dont forget the benefits to drinking water instead of, soda juice, or "smoothies" lol which are packed with sugars and calories remember water has absolutely no calories or sugars ( thats why you should never add anything to your water) so think about that next time your drinking something other then water that alone should help it taste better, if that doesn't do it all I can offer is, ice cold water, Ice cold water can be alote more refreshing then water at room temperature plus try exerciseing, any type of exercise will make your body crave water and want to down water with no problem hope this helps and good luck on you healthy life choice the first step is trying

What? Don't food police someone who has already expressed a general boredom with water. Also, alkalizing water has health benefits over tap water, it is especially crucial for immune system and eliminating free radicals. You don't need to drink "gallons of water a day." If anything, drink too much water can actually hurt you, and one unlucky contestant in a 2007 radio contest died from drinking too much water. Gallons of it. Infusing water with NATURAL INGREDIENTS is a flavorful and beneficial way to enjoy your intake. Infusing water into tea counts, too, and eating water-rich foods does keep people hydrated. Smoothies don't make you fat, calorie surplus does, and you CAN have them everyday if you want AND still lose weight, and guess what? Some people (MFPers even!) do just that! I have no idea where your purist misinformation and judgement stems from, but it's not necessary to full-agro someone looking for advice.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I try to drink most of my water before 4 pm (and still get up to pee every night). I drink 12 oz after breakfast daily while sucking down my vitamins and a couple of prescriptions. Two more cups before lunch and 2 more around 2:30. (I have an office job). I drink room temperature unless I'm on the golf course in hot weather. A little with dinner and a little more with night time scripts. Viola - 8 cups per day. I'm a creature of habit!
  • KillaKaliKrackerKilla
    Options
    Ok everything you said sounds ridiculous and I never said anything about tap water everyone knows tap water can be bad for you lets not state the obvious! Point blqnk period water is the best source if water it doesn't take a scientist to tell u that. Dont put anything in your water but ice dont let these people point you in the wrong direction sometime the cold truth is is the best advice good luck
  • KillaKaliKrackerKilla
    Options
    Ok everything you said sounds ridiculous and I never said anything about tap water everyone knows tap water can be bad for you lets not state the obvious! Point blqnk period water is the best source if water it doesn't take a scientist to tell u that. Dont put anything in your water but ice dont let these people point you in the wrong direction sometime the cold truth is is the best advice good luck
  • citrusy
    citrusy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The fruit infused water is a great tip! I also have trouble drinking enough water. It's not even that I don't like water pre se, I'm just forgetful. I try to bring a water bottle with me everywhere and drink water with every meal. I also drink a whole lot of unsweetened green tea, which I think is a great way to stay hydrated! Plus green tea has all kinds of other health benefits and is thought to aid in weight loss ;D I usually get a trenta size unsweetened green iced tea from starbucks on the daily, or I'll grab a litre size blueberry pomegranate green tea from trader joe's. Just make sure it's unsweetened though! Otherwise you're just bumping up your calories and sugars!

Good luck!
  • FitnFab0309
    Options
    Fruit infused!!!
  • GrasslandFairy
    Options
    I like to alternate regular water and flavored water. I use the liquid flavorings like mio, crystal light, crush, koolaid, or even the great value brand. There are all sorts of flavors to choose from. (Crystal light strawberry lemonade is my favorite, and perfect for the summer.) It may not be for everyone, but I definitely prefer it to all of the soda I used to drink.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on how they drink the total eight glasses of water? In order to be healthier, I would really like to drink more. However, I have always found it plain and tasteless, and I usually only end up drinking four glasses. Any help?:huh:

I don't because there is no magic number 8. I let thirst be my guide, drink when I'm thirsty and make most of my hydration come from coffee, tea, Lemonade Light, and lots of fruit.