Tacos !

Options
pita7317
pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
Looking for some new ideas....besides the standard.

What is your favorite way to prepare ?

And favorite tortilla corn or flour ?

Thanks.

Replies

• rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There's this place by my office that makes BBQ breakfast tacos and holy sweet mother of god they are delicious.

I get corn tortillas because they're supposedly slightly healthier, and I actually like how they taste. And eggs, potatoes, avocado, grilled chicken and BBQ sauce and I'm not sure if that sounds appealing but it its amazing.

Also just really any type of breakfast taco always.
  • pita7317
    Options
    I am up to breakfast tacos....I had a chicken tamale this morning and it was a great change compared to the norm breakfast...yawn.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos are awesome!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've become addicted to shrimp tacos...salivate just thinking about them:love:
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Made shrimp tacos tonight. So good. Toss 1.5 lbs of shrimp in spice mix, and cook in a couple tbs of oil, 2 min on each side.

Spice mix: 1 TBS paprika, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried oregano, 3/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (to taste), 1/2 tsp salt

Put in a tortilla (I like flour) with sour cream, shredded cabbage (slaw mix), cilantro and squeeze of lime.

Takes less than 10 min!
  • pita7317
    Options
    OMG fish tacos. Yes !
  • pita7317
    Options
    Oh boy I am glad I posted this.
    Great ideas !
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    My recipe is pretty basic, but I'll share anyway.

2.25 lb 93/7 ground beef
    2 small cans low sodium tomato sauce
    Homemade taco seasoning

Cook all that up together in a pan. I put some low fat refried beans on a regular flour tortilla, then 1/4 cup of yellow rice, about 4 oz of the beef mixture, and some shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Roll it up into a burrito and enjoy. You could also put some Greek yogurt on there or some lettuce, cilantro, whatever you like. I don't do vegetables or cold stuff on my tacos. The burrito I described adds up to about 450 calories.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Crispy duck breast, beets, dark chocolate, szechuan peppercorn

IMG_20140505_185002.jpg

Halibut, lime crema, radish, cabbage, jalapeno, grapefruit

IMG_20140407_190100.jpg
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I prefer soft corn tortilla's, but I'm the only one in my family that does :)

I love adding a little corn, black beans, salsa and saffron rice to my taco's as a bit of a change.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's such a coincidence. I'm making chicken breast tacos tonight. It's yummy because I simmer the breast in homemade chipotle pepper ranchero sauce and shred. Bake the corn tortillas til crispy, top with 2 tblsp refried beans, the chicken/sauce mixture, 2 tblsps lite sour cream, avocado slices, cilantro and lime juice. Oh yeah and shredded lettuce.......so filling. Can also substitute shrimp for chicken.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    im so sorry i read this thread...there's no tacos in my rotation this week *sniffle*
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Easy Street Tacos!

90/10 Lean ground Turkey Meat
    Soft Corn Tortillas-heated
    Black Beans
    Corn
    Honey Mustard dressing to top off
    splash of lime for a little something extra

Deelish!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I've become addicted to shrimp tacos...salivate just thinking about them:love:

What do you add to these? Any particular dressing?
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just tried plain jane tacos in a lettuce leaf last week. I didn't miss the tortillas! I can also just stuff a tortilla - corn or flour- with black, pinto or garbanzo beans and add regular taco seasonings. Yum! Less fat and just as filling!
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love lime chicken tacos...

1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 cup chunky salsa
    12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional

Directions
    Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
    Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
    Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    TACOS-gir-21208550-440-500.jpg

I just started with the soft corn tortillas, yum!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    blackened mahi tacos with lime cilantro sauce, pico de gallo, and shredded slaw mix (soft shell)
    turkey tacos with tacos sauce and shredded cheese (hard shell)
    fresh chicken fajitas (soft shell)
    cheesy chicken enchilada with peppers and onions (soft shell)
    sausage, egg, onion, pepper, and cheese breakfast taco (soft shell)

I use wheat tortillas and stand n' stuff yellow taco shells
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Cook chicken breast strips in a crockpot with just "Pace Garlic Lime Verde Salsa" for couple of hours - shred it and add to corn or flour tortilla, with some cheese and some of the salsa - really easy, super healthy, even lower sodium than a tomato-based salsa recipe :) I also add the chicken to salads, or just have it atop rice.
  • pita7317
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the great ideas !
    On my list for this weeks shopping.
    Mexican week specials at our grocery store. ;)