Didn't eat enough calories today 1200+

Options
So I'm suppose to eat 1200 cal. To lose 1.8 lbs a week, but then with my extra cal. From exercise today was another 360. So 1560 totaI, I only ate about 1/2 bc it's finally nice low 80s°. And i wasn't hungry and drank lots of water. I didn't even want dinner but ate to try and get closer to my calorie max. Is it okay to have few lower day (yesterday was too low also) if I eat few more calories on other days, can I go by weekly calorie intake if I balance it out?

Replies

• citrusy
    citrusy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Going by weekly calories can get a little slippery since you will always thing you have time/room to balance yourself out, which you might not always succeed at doing. If you're not hungry and are having trouble getting enough calories, I recommend protein shakes. When I started the diet I'm on I would get very full halfway through the day and not be hungry for dinner at all, but still have a protein goal and calorie range to hit. So I'd have a whey protein shake sometimes blended with some frozen fruit which helped me hit my calories and macros without having to feel like I was stuffing myself with unnecessary food. ^_^ Your calorie intake is already extremely low, so I'd definitely recommend doing something like this to make sure that you're getting enough calories!

Good luck!