Has anyone done the 30 Day Ab challenge?

Options
Its the challenge where you do so many sit-ups crunches leg lifts and planks a day and it increases daily.
If so did you have good results?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    If the results expected are a six pack or flat stomach, then the ab challenge alone won't attain it. You can't spot reduce any area of the body with exercise targeting that area.
    If it's to obtain a stronger core, then it will help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm busy doing it with some others here on MFP. Doing it for 'fun' alongside all my normal workout routine. Not looking forward to later this month when it calls for over a 100 sit ups...
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 days abs challenge and the 30 day squat challenge at the same time, on top of my usual workouts. Unfortunately, 3 days in and I've pulled my hamstring and have been instructed by by physio to rest for a minimum of 3 days :(. I'm really upset as I was so looking forward to it.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it this month. I will let you know if I manage to loose any more inches. Even if it's just 1/2 or 1 inch I will be happy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 days abs challenge and the 30 day squat challenge at the same time, on top of my usual workouts. Unfortunately, 3 days in and I've pulled my hamstring and have been instructed by by physio to rest for a minimum of 3 days :(. I'm really upset as I was so looking forward to it.
    If you've pulled your hamstring, then your concentration shouldn't be on squats but deadlifts and leg curls. Pulled muscles usually happen due to imbalance of opposing muscles. In this case it's usually the quads are much stronger than the hamstrings. Squats will definitely strengthen your quads more than your hamstrings and thereby only continue the issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to get a 6 pack but I am hoping to see a change.